Chapter 2

“Oh yea Thomas asked me to be exclusive today. Obviously who wouldn’t want to be with me” Jen bragged on our way home from school.

Of course every girl wanted him captain of the football team and every guy wanted Jen. Even though she was a junior she was cheer captain. They would end up together I thought.

“Congrats sis but I don’t want to hear all the dirty dets,” I told her laughing because I knew she would eventually tell me.

“Hey Liz maybe I can set you up with one of his friends.”

“Ugh no thanks I like being single.”

Not that I can’t get a guy, I go on dates all the time it’s just that I don’t really care because I know I have a mate out there somewhere for me and I want just to be with him. Whoever he is.

As I was pulling up I noticed the triplets were home too before us which never happens. Weird.

Cam, Heather, and Alex did really look alike. All dark features dark hair and green eyes. Although Heather added red highlights to her hair and Alex added blonde to hers so you can tell them apart but when they were younger you couldn’t. They just started their first year of college this year so seeing them is rare because they’ve been busy.

Jase read my mind I guess saying “I wonder why they’re here so soon.”

Walking into the door we spotted Cam watching TV while Alex and Heather we’re playing with the twins.

The twins were so cute and will be turning 10 in a few months and we would find out if they were werewolves or not. They looked identical light brown hair and hazel eyes just like my mom and I.

“Not that I don’t love seeing you three but why are you here already? Shouldn’t you be doing homework or something?” Jase said so bluntly to them.

The girls ignored him like always but Cam answered him though like always, “hey ass nice to see you too miss you by the way. Look dick we’re here early because dad has something to tell us when he gets home.”

Jase grinned and started laughing while sitting on the couch with Cam “thanks for the complaints my dude. I didn’t mean it in a rude way chill.”

“Oh I know I just find it really easy to pick on you since you're my younger brother.”

“And yet stronger. Oh the irony.”

That’s when I usually step in because everyone else isn’t a werewolf but my dad and Jase and I. Even though none of our siblings cared I didn’t like rubbing it in because we were stronger, faster, better eye sight and better hearing.

“Jase shut up with that no one cares you ass,” I told him while punching him with my werewolf strength so I can at least give a little hurt to him.

Everyone all started laughing and yelled thanks.

“Anyways back to what really matters. Thomas and I are official how awesome is that,” Jen bragged once again.

Getting annoyed I changed the topic quick “one not important everyone saw it coming second what’s more important is what dad wants to tell us. It must be big since he had to call a family meeting so quickly.”

“I know everyone saw it coming I just wanted to inform everyone,” Jen said clearly ignoring the last part to my sentence.

Getting very annoyed because I could sense something is wrong with my dad I rolled my eyes at her. I don’t know if it’s because I’m a daddy’s girl or if it’s a werewolf thing but I could sense these things usually. Jase knew what I was thinking like always “Liz come down I’m sure everything’s fun. You want to go for a run? My wolf is getting antsy and annoying me.”

My wolf feeling the same I shook my head and started to go upstairs to change. I sniffed to see if my mom was home because I haven’t seen her. I didn’t smell her so she must be out.

I quickly put on my short shorts for running and a big shirt. Because we live around humans none of us could change into our wolf but running in human form helped and sometimes without dad knowing really late at night me and Jase would go to the school down the street and play in wolf form.

Running down the stairs Jase was already there waiting for me and clearly texting Melissa again. He looked up and rolled his eyes clearly at my running shorts. “Please don’t start they’re not that short and it’s already so hot out I don’t want to faint from heat stroke.”

“Sure I do.”

“Let’s just go I need to clear my head.”

Jase and I ran for about and hour and a half before we got a text from our dad telling us to get home immediately. When I saw it I knew for sure something was wrong so we both looked at each other and ran faster than a human could but we didn’t care at the moment something was up and we needed to find out.

Running into the house nervous I sniffed to see where everyone was. In the dining room everyone sat around the table my dad at the head and my mom standing beside him with her arm around him. I saw the sadness in their eyes and my heart dropped and I could hear my siblings heart beat beating quickly and they knew something was up but what I could see on their faces they didn’t know what.

Jase looked at me and he noticed the same thing. My dad looked at us and we saw the watery red eyes.

“Daddy what’s wrong?” I asked finally.

It was weird to see my dad cry. One because he’s my dad and two because he’s big and tall and very muscular, seeing a man like that cry was weird to see. He had the dark hair and green eyes like some of my siblings.

“I don’t really know how to put this so I’ll just come out and say it. My parents died.”

My legs immediately felt like jelly and I went to go sit down next to Ty. Everyone was in shock and we all sat quietly not knowing what to say. My grandparents lived in a pack and so far away but we saw them a few times a month. They were obviously wolves and were young in wolf years them dying was shocking.

“How? They were young technically,” Jase spoke up first.

My parents looked at each other and my mom finally answered “umm it was old age nothing to it.”

I looked at Jase and we both gave each other the same look and we knew they were lying but didn’t want to press it now.

“There’s one more thing we’re all moving to their house for a few months because we need to figure things out except the twins,” my father told us.

We were in shock we loved it here and we didn’t want to move this was my last year I wanted to finish it with everyone I grew up with but actually seeing more wolves could be awesome. 

Jase looked extremely pissed and I could sense his wolf trying to come out. He stood up so fast making his chair fall over “I’M NOT MOVING AND LEAVING MY LIFE HERE!”