Chapter 5

Thursday came way too quickly if you ask me. Yesterday I had to say bye to all my friends and it was really depressing but I reassured myself it will only be for a few months. Hopefully.

Right now my family and I are on our way from the airport to my grand parents house where we will be staying for now. My dad looks stressed and extremely sad and looking at him just breaks my heart. By the way he and my mom have been acting I could tell something is up. What it is I wish I knew.

“This house is huge. Oh my god,” Alex said interrupting my thoughts and everyone else’s while we pull up to the house.

I look up from my book and was in shock. I thought our house back home was big, this house is like 2 times bigger. It was amazing.

For the first time since we landed my dad smiled “yea it is. I forgot how big it was. Now kids there’s enough rooms for each of you I don’t want you fighting over them please.”

“I want like 5 to myself,” Jase said jokingly. “What else is there? There’s has to be more then just bedrooms right dad?”

“Yes there is actually. There is 3 game rooms, indoor and outdoor pool, 2 kitchens, 15 bedrooms each with a bathroom, than 5 extra bathrooms, 3 living rooms, and 2 dining rooms.”

“Holy shit really! That’s fuc..”

“CAMERON CARTER LANGUAGE THERE ARE LITTLE KIDS IN THE CAR!!” my mom shouted at Cam before he could finish his sentence.

“Oh sorry mom bad habit I swear I didn’t mean to,” he apologized.

I couldn't help but laugh because he’s always the one telling us not to swear in front of Ty and Tes.

We finally parked the car and I could see 6 men and a woman outside standing waiting for us. I sniffed to see if they were wolves or not and sure enough they all are. We all got out of the car and my dad went to the first guy whispering something to him and did a manly hug; while my mother hugged the women.

“Kids this is Alpha John and this is his mate Kate,” my dad told us.

I should have known John was alpha he looked very strong and had this certain aura around him and he was clearly holding on to Kate indicating they were together. “Leave the bags kids my pack members will get them into the house just come follow us inside,” John said. He seemed like a really nice guy already.

We all went into the house and again amazement was shown on every ones face. Well only the kids clearly because we haven’t seen this place before. We all followed the alpha into the room on the left. It turned out to be the living room with 3 couches and 2 recliner chairs, and huge TV above the fireplace.

“Your kids are hilarious Joey with their shocked expressions,” Alpha John said looking at all of us. “Now introduce me to them. There’s so many. Now I know why you’re always so busy and can’t make it down here.”

“What can I say I have good genes I need to pass it on to as many people as possible,” my dad said and they both started to laugh together. “Okay so from oldest to youngest ready. This is Cam, Alex, Heather and they are the triplets.” Alpha John shook all their hands with a smile on his face and I could tell he sniffed to see if they’re werewolves. “Now this one is the first wolf, Liz.” He smiled at me and shook my hand. “Instead of sniffing I’ll let you know for sure who’s a wolf.”

“Sorry Joey. You know I don’t care either way,” Alpha John said.

“I know don’t worry. So next we have Jen she’s human. After came the second wolf Jase. Than the twins came we don’t know if they’re human or not but we will find out in a few months,” my dad told him while Alpha John shook their hands.

“Well we only have 2 wolf kids in this family out of all of them. Jeez Joey your beta wasn’t as stronger as we all thought,” Kate finally spoke up and said jokingly.

“What dad you were beta and you left? Why, what is wrong with you?” Jase asked.

My dad started laughing with the adults. “Yes son I left because your mom wanted to move to the city and she’s my mate I would follow her anywhere,” he told Jase while walking over and placing a kiss on my mothers temple.

“I know Jase shocking, that never happens but I had to let my best friend go. It was his mate he needed to be with,” Alpha John informed us.

“So like do we call you Alpha John or just John?” Tes asked.

Alpha John started laughing, “just John is fine no one really calls me Alpha John unless they barely know me. But since you kids are Joes kids calling me John is fine.

“Where’s the future alpha I want to finally meet him?” my mom asked.

“Oh I think he’s at another party tonight. You know kids,” Kate answered.

“Yup as you can tell,” my mom answered jokingly. “I’m assuming you guys got the kids into the schools for us right?” my mom asked and John nodded. “Okay great thank you very much.” She hugged John and Kate.

“So John will you tell us stories about our parents when they were younger?” Heather asked.

Before John could answer my dad interfered, “umm maybe another day, you kids need to start unpacking and the adults need to have a little talk. Remember no fighting over the rooms.”

“Yes captain,” Cam jokingly said saluting my father. Boys they’re so weird do I really want a mate?

Everyone started to leave the room. I was about to leave when I thought of something I turned around “daddy can me and Jase change into our wolves more now?”

He looked at me and grinned, “of course you can as long as it’s in the woods though. Aren’t you happy you don’t have to wait till 2 am anymore and sneak down to the school?”

My eyes went wide, “you knew about that why didn’t you ever stop us?”

“Because I did the same sometimes.”

I started laughing and left the living room to find my new bedroom. I got this new excitement now.

I ran up the Titanic stairs to find an empty bedroom. To be honest I didn’t really care. Once I got up the stairs I saw my suitcase were the last one in the hall. I grabbed them and went to the first door I saw. I walked in and it was empty. Thank goodness because I did not want to walk around the hall with all my stuff. I’m strong but lazy remember that.

I went to check out the bathroom in my room. It was huge and gorgeous with gold coloring everywhere. Next I went to my closest to start unpacking. Of course it’s a walk in one and huge. I’m pretty sure I would have a lot of extra space. I was about to open my suitcase when Jase walked in.

“Nice room. They all pretty much look the same, I don’t know why he thought we would fight,” Jase said sitting on my bed.

“Yea well you know he likes to think we fight all the time,” I said laughing. We all got along like all the time. Here and there we would fight but my dad likes to think he controls us and that's why we never fight.

“I heard dad said we can shift you want to go out and play for a bit?” he asked me.

Not wanting to unpack anyways I answered him, “hell yea. You don’t know how happy I am to shift anytime now. Want to race?”

“Not that you can beat me without cheating but sure I like a little computation.”

“Dude chill I never cheat and I could whop your butt but I choose not to because you’re younger and I feel bad for you.”

“Yea sure. Come on I want to go.”

I started running out my door not waiting for the go single and started laughing because I heard Jase yell cheater.