7~ Logan's Run

I watched as Logan climbed on to the playground, laughing as he slid down the slide.

"Look, Mama!" He said, wiggling as he went down it. I grinned, picking him up.

"Wow! You're such a big boy! You can use the slide all by yourself now." He smiled sweetly up at me as I carried him over to the swing. I set him in it, pushing him back and forth as I stared at the empty park around me. I was about to say something to Logan when my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was my dad.

"Hello?"

"Where are you, Faith?" I could feel my eyes widen a fraction at the anger in his voice.

"I'm at the park with Logan, Dad. Why?"

"Just get home as soon as you can." Then he hung up, leaving me to stare down at my phone in shock.

"Are you using this swing?" I looked up at the voice. A man stood in front of me, probably in his early to mid twenties. He held a young girl around Logan's age in his arms.

"No. Sorry." I apologized, moving so he had full access to it it. I pushed Logan again, keeping my focus on the back of his head. But I couldn't help but shift uncomfortably as the man stared at me. When he finally looked away I took the chance to really look at him, and immediately regretted it. He had the same dark brown hair that was almost black, the same haunting green eyes that stuck with me in my nightmares. He looked like him. The guy that had raped me.

"Is there something wrong, Miss?" I shook my head quickly, shoving my phone into my pocket and looking back toward my son.

Get a hold of yourself, Faith. There are tons of guys in the world with black hair and green eyes.

"Are you sure? You look kind of sick." He observed. I shook my head again, not wanting to speak. It was in the next second, when he touched my shoulder gently that I jumped pack, flashes of the night flickering into my mind.

"Get away from me." I snapped, pushing his hand off of me. He stared at me in confusion.

"Y. . . your name. What's your name?" I asked, my chest tightening. I was having a panic attack, I was having a freaking panic attack in the middle of a park.

"Eric. My name is Eric. Ma'am, are you sure you're okay? What's your name, maybe I can call the Sheriff and. . ."

"The Sheriff is my dad. I. . . I'm sorry." I pulled Logan out of the swing, holding him tightly against my chest as I stalked toward my car.

****

"Dad? I'm home." I yelled, walking into the house. My mind was still reeling from the park, and I barely saw my dad walk into the room.

"Sweetie? What's wrong?" He asked, seeing the look on my face. He took a sleeping Logan from my grip and set him on the couch behind him.

"I. . . I saw a guy at the park and. . ."

"Did he mess with you? Faith I'll go find him and. . ."

"No, Dad. I. . . I need you to try and get a DNA test done. I want you to see if Logan's father is in the system." My dad's expression darkened at the mention of Logan's father.

"Faith, why? I thought we talked about. . ."

"Please, Daddy. I. . . I want to know." I begged, wrapping my arms around him, hoping that he would fall victim to my pleading.

"I'll see what I can get done, Faith. Now tell me about the guy at the park." I shut my eyes, slowly coming to the terrifying reality of what my heart had already known when I had felt the man touch me at the park.

"I. . . I think I ran into him, Dad. I think the guy at the park. . . I think that was Logan's father."

***

"What do you mean? Did he like touch you, touch you?" June asked, staring at me in horror from across the lunch table. Lucas sat beside me, his face buried in a book that he was pretending to read.

"No, Ju. I. . . he was asking if I was okay. But when he touched me. . . it was him, June. I know it was." I breathed out, shaking my head. Somewhere in the pit of my stomach I knew that had been him, the man that had taken everything from me.

"So your Dad's going to have someone run Logan's DNA and see who it matches in the system? Aren't you scared to find out?" She asked, finally getting Lucas to look up at us. I bit my lip so hard I could taste the copper in my mouth.

"No." I lied. To my relief the bell rang before she could ask me another question. As I stood up I felt Lucas grab my wrist, his dark eyes filled with worry.

"Are you okay?" I pried my hand from his grip and nodded, not looking him in the eyes as I lied.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

****AN***

Sorry for it being kind of short, hope you like it anyway!

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24