2~ Miss Independent

The next day of school was the worst day of my life. Everyone at school was looking at me strangely from the moment I walked in, and Bradley caught me by myself before lunch.

"Why have you been ignoring me, Faith? What the hell is going on? Is something wrong with Logan?" I slammed my hand against his chest, my eyes burning.

"Don't play stupid, Bradley! I know exactly what you've been doing. Sneaking around with that bimbo during and after school, lying to me, to everyone. While I'm trying to make it through school and support my son! I don't need someone like you dragging me down and. . ." Bradley slammed his lips against mine, obviously trying to shut me up. I pushed him away immediately, shaking my head.

"I'm not doing this again, Brad. I'm done forgiving you just to have you do it again. I'm sorry." I slipped past him but he grabbed my arm before I could leave.

"Don't do this, Faith. You need me! Logan needs me!" I could feel my face burning in anger.

"My son went without a father for two years, Bradley! He doesn't need you!" I growled, careful not to be too loud. Bradley shook his head and gripped my wrist so tight I was afraid he was cutting off my circulation.

"Please, Faith. Just give me one more chance, please. . ."

"Hey, is he bothering you?" Both of our heads snapped up at the voice. Lucas stood a few feet away, his hands shoved into his pockets as he glared at Bradley.

"I'm her boyfriend. Fuc. . ."

"Yes." I cut Bradley off, staring at Lucas pleadingly.

"Look man, stay out of this. It's between me and my girl, you. . ."

"No, you look man. She told you to let go, now do it." Bradley dropped my wrist and shoved Lucas away, his eyes a mixture of possessiveness and anger.

"What are you going to do if I don't, Shaw? Do you think I'm scared of you?" Lucas pushed his black bangs out of his eyes and straightened up so he towered over Bradley.

"If you don't leave, Aaron, I will make you regret it." Lucas hissed, grabbing Bradley by the collar of his shirt. Bradley stared at him in confusion, wondering how he knew his first name, before holding his hands up in surrender.

"Fine. She's all yours, but just so you know," Bradley paused as he backed up, pointing at me, "she's easy. She's a whore that's slept with so many people that she probably even has a kid." Each word that left Bradley's mouth felt like a knife to the chest. He smirked at me before turning around and walking off. I wiped the tears from my cheeks quickly so Lucas couldn't see anything, before starting to walk away.

"Faith, wait!" Lucas grabbed my arm and spun me around so I was facing him.

"Hey, I don't believe anything he said. And even if it is true, we all have our problems, our issues. But they're in the past." I could feel my mouth curving up into a half smile.

"Apparently the whole school is the complete opposite then, because they all believe everything their precious Aaron Bradley says." Lucas searched my eyes for a second before holding out his hand.

"I don't think we've ever properly met. I'm Lucas Shaw." He pushed his black hair out of his eyes again as he held out his hand, grinning. I took it, nodding.

"I'm Faith Miller." He laughed a little before shoving his hands back in his pockets.

"Hey, if he ever tries to mess with you again, just let me know. I'll take care of him for you." I cracked a smile at his words and started to walk away again.

"Thank you, Lucas." He nodded.

"I guess I'll see you around?" He asked, smiling. I felt a full smile slip on to my face.

"Yeah, I guess you will."

***

"Cookies!" Logan exclaimed, reaching out of the cart. I laughed and shook my head, squeezing his small hands.

"No, Logan. You can't have those, they have cream." He frowned, crossing his arms over his small chest.

"I have cream!" He demanded. I sighed and took his small face into my hands.

"You'll get a tummy ache if you eat those." I explained as simply as I could. He started squirming in the cart, staring at something over my shoulder. I turned around to find Bradley and a few of his friends standing in front of the cash register, Bradley's eyes were on Logan, a sad look on his face.

"Come on, Monkey. We're better go get Grandpa's chips and get home before he starts to worry." Logan looked back at me and started reaching for everything as we walked through the isles. I stopped in the baby isle and looked around for a sippy cup that looked similar to Logan's old one.

"Is he yours?" My head snapped up at the voice. I recognized the woman from church. Her dark black hair had started to gray and her eyes looked as if they were about to shut.

"Yes." I said hesitantly as I stood back up, holding two different cups in my hands.

"How old are you?" She asked, her eyes widening a little. I dropped the cups into the cart and frowned.

"I don't really think that's any of your business, Ma'am. Excuse me." I started to push the cart out of the isle but she grabbed my elbow and shook her head.

"I asked a question, girl. Can you please tell me how old you are?" I stared into her pleading dark eyes for a second before nodding.

"I'm eighteen, now have a good day." I got away from the woman as fast as possible, shaking my head. As I stood in line I let my mind recall what had just happened. Why had the woman been so obsessed with how old I was? It's not like I wanted to have Logan when I was sixteen.

"Mama." Logan waved his hands in front of my face, giggling. I smiled and kissed his hand before glancing back over my shoulder. The woman wasn't anywhere in sight, neither was Bradley. I was just over reacting, with both of them. The woman was probably a little crazy and I couldn't freak out every time I saw Bradley, he didn't matter. Not anymore.

"You'll be fine on your own." I assured myself, letting out a shaky breath. I took another deep breath and squeezed Logan's hand.

"We'll be fine on our own."

****AN**

Not super eventful, but I hope you enjoyed!

Let me know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24