Chapter 35- Decisions

Start from the beginning

Oh so now they’re shopping together?

Christine and Natasha turned and it seems like they were coming in this direction.

Crap, they’re coming here.

In frustration, I rushed Andrea, “Ugh, just take the blue one. Let’s go. I’m hungry.”

“Hey? What’s with the sudden rush? You just said earlier, you weren’t hungry.” She asked.

“Well, now I am. Now, hurry up!” I exclaimed.

Andrea placed the black cap back and went to the cashier to pay for her blue cap. Christine and Natasha entered the shop and immediately, I turned away to hide my presence.

When I was sure they’ve walked pass me, I turned back and stared at Christine in jealousy.

“What’s wrong?” Andrea questioned.

“Nothing. Are you done?”

“Yeah, but why are you staring at Christine and Natasha? You know them?”

“You have a lot of questions don’t you? I said I’m fine. Nothing’s wrong.” I rolled my eyes and walked out of the shop.

Andrea walked out behind me and asked, “So, are you up for some Chinese?”

“Whatever, let’s just go.” I replied curtly and began walking towards the Chinese restaurant opposite me.

After we settled down and placed our orders, Andrea leaned forward and sighed, “So which one is it?”

“What?” I asked in confusion.

“Which one do you like?”

“Since when did I say I like them? I don’t like them.” I lied.

“I can see very well that you’re lying through your teeth. Come on, out with it. Who is it?”

I looked away, “Natasha.”

Andrea sighed again, “Listen Sophie, I know you’ve been rejected before and I don’t want you to get hurt, but I think you should give up on Natasha. Natasha is already taken and not just by any girl. This is Christine Smith we’re talking about. They’ve been together for quite awhile now and this couple is pretty tight. They hardly fight and are really loving towards one another. You should just forget about it.”

I looked down, “I know… But it’s just that Natasha just captivates me. I just can’t stop thinking about her.”

Our food arrived and I ate in silence. Why is it that every time I fall in love, that person has to be taken? Either that, or she’ll reject me.