Free Period

Free Period

I’m not pregnant.

I knew I wasn’t no matter how much Jamie went on about those lousy condoms.

I could just tell somewhere deep inside myself that I wasn’t pregnant. I didn’t tell Alex about the pregnancy scare; there was no need to. He’d only panic and try and call our ‘relationship’ off again. It’s not like we’re officially together though.

The end of school rolls around rather quickly, and finally it’s the last day. It’s actually the last minutes of the last day, and I’m standing in Mr Floyd’s classroom.

I’m standing, drooling, to be precise.

Since our encounter in the classroom a couple of weeks ago, we’d repeated the incident several times in the same classroom in the after school sessions. He hadn’t been pleased about it, but after the fun we’d had on his desk he definitely warmed to the idea.

I’m so used to seeing him all neat and perfect; it comes as a surprise to me to see him looking so ruffled.

One of the things I love most about Mr Floyd is his incredible sense of continuity.

He always wears a white shirt; always. And this said white shirt is always buttoned right to the top, with the cuffs of his sleeves always buttoned too. His tie is always perfectly in the centre of his shirt, and fastened rather tightly around his neck like a dog collar.

But now, he isn’t Mr Floyd anymore, he’s Alex.

His white shirt has the top three buttons undone, and is looking all crumpled compared to the crisp paper like appearance it usually has. His sleeves are rolled up, and are consequently displaying the rather manly forearms he enjoys wrapping me in.

His red tie (my favourite) is splayed across his chest and the two lengths of his tie are different. His hair is ruffled and not perfect and caked in gel, and his beard looks different.

I find myself imagining doing very dirty things with him.

The change in his appearance is making my tongue poke out of my mouth, and I lick my suddenly dry lips. It’s a very hot day outside, the summer is fast approaching, but there is no need for this kind of appearance.

“You’re giving me ideas, dressed like that” I call out to him, and he looks up, and smiles at me. I walk up to him and he wraps me in his arms.

“You can talk” He murmurs into my hair, and I smirk

“What do you mean?” I ask him, feigning innocence, and his eyes drop to my skirt, which has risen so far it’s now mid thigh.

“That skirt, you look like you’re wearing a long belt” He smirks, and I raise my eyebrow.

“Well if I am you like it” I tell him, and he brings his lips down to mine. I move mine against his immediately, and shiver at the contact. He picks me up, and places me down on the front table, and I pull at his tie to bring him even closer to me.

“Hello!” A voice at the door announces, and Mr Floyd leaps off of me. Ms Tinker struts into the room, and I cross my once spread legs huffily.

“Oh hello Ms Tinker” Mr Floyd greets, trying not to look so guilty. He’s a terrible liar, he really is. “What can I do for you?”

“Oh nothing, I just wanted to say goodbye before we all toddle off for our holi-bobs!” She giggles, and flips her hair over her shoulder. I smirk a little when she staggers in her heels, but it doesn’t wipe the irritatingly peppy smile from her face.