Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"How was Milan? Did you get more connections?" I heard Helen ask Justine while I slipped into another dress the employee that was helping me slipped in while I was modeling the peach one for the girls.

"It was fun, though Tyra kept yapping my ear off the last two days. I'd managed to dodge her up until then," Justine sighed, exasperated.

I froze. Surely she didn't mean Tyra Banks, right?

Quickly snapping out of my shocked moment, I zipped up the light blue number that, blessfully had a zipper on the side and stepped out.

The girls stopped talking when they saw me.

"Perfect," Anne Marie grinned.

"Gosh, it's flawless," Justine gushed, stepping up and gesturing for me to spin around. "Liam will be speechless when he sees you."

"Forget speechless, he'll probably propose," Helen beamed at me. "I don't think I've ever seen him look at anyone else like he looks at you. Thank you for making my brother happy Sabrina."

"Please tell me your secret, I'm tired of being single," Anne Marie whined.

"She's just a human, Anne, not a miracle worker," Justine scoffed.

"Hey! She tamed the lion that's Liam Collins, if that's not a miracle then I don't know what is."

The two others seemed at lost for words before they sheepishly nodded in agreement.

"He sort of was a tyrant to be around before you came along," Justine admitted.

"And remember that time he made Lawrence's old girlfriend cry?" Helen shuddered.

"Bitch deserved it. She was nothing more than a social-climbing gold digging whore," Anne Marie ranted. "Plus she tried to put a move on Liam and he was not having that."

I stiffened when I heard that. He's never told me that.

But it's not like I tell him about every guy that's tried to flirt with me. Plus this was before we even met.

I reassured myself that it was nothing.

"Why don't you take off that dress so that we can buy it and go to the deli. I'm ravenous," Justine pouted.

"Ravenous?" I surprised myself by asking. I mean...who uses that word anymore? I giggled at the shock look on Justine's face. Anne Marie snickered with me.

"Right? She's always using words like that," Anne Marie shook her head.

Justine sniffed, "whatever forever. It's not my fault I have a strong vocabulary."

"Because I'm sure every big wig in Hollywood is saying 'whatever forever'," Anne Marie snorted. "Lets go, now I'm feeling ravenous."

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

"So...are we going to skirt around the whole 'contract' thing or what?" Anne Marie awkwardly asked as we munched on our deli sandwiches. I froze mid bite, Helen and Justine following behind me. I blushed. "I mean, we don't if you don't want to."

"Exactly. That's between Sabrina and Liam and we have no business butting into it," Helen narrowed her eyes at her only sister.

"I'll rather not talk about that right now," I said gently, picking at the soft bread holding my sandwich.

"Yeah! Totally. Don't mind me, I'm naturally nosey," Anne Marie chirped cheerfully, trying to disfuse the tension she created.

"It's true," Justine patted her mouth with a napkin. "They get it from their mother."

Helen snorted. "Yet you're the one always buying those trashy gossip magazines."

"Just making sure they aren't spreading lies about me," Justine defended herself. "And from what Oscar told me Garrett was very regretful about what he said to you and insulting your relationship."

"Especially after the tongue lashing Mom and Mariah gave him after you two left," Anne Marie cackled. "I could hear it all the way upstairs. Jack asked if 'Unca Gar Bear' was getting a spankin'."

"He should've," Justine hummed, taking a sip of her water and glancing at her bracelet that had a small clock dangling from it. "Are you guys done? Sorry to rush but I have a meeting with my manager in a hour."

"Don't mind Justine, she's always running on some type of schedule," Helen patted me on my arm.

"I have a busy life," Justine shrugged. "But today was fun. I needed a little break."

I pulled out my wallet to pay for lunch. "Thanks for the help, I'm a lost cause when it comes to shopping." I giggled nervously.

"We could tell," Anne Marie teased. "Call me anytime you need something."

"You think James could drop me off at the agency?" Justine asked as we all stood up and I dropped sixty dollars on the table for the waitor to find.

"Totally," I agreed.

Soon we were sitting in the towns car, laughing and giggling over simple things. When my phone began to ring I patted myself down until I found it. I grinned when I saw that it was Liam calling me.

"Hello?"

"Look who's alive," Liam teased. "And lilies would be nice. I'm sure it would be bring out my manliness."

I snorted, "I'll be sure to get plenty of them for your funeral. Was there a reason for this call Mr. Collins?"

"Ouch, I can't call without there being a reason? I simply wanted to hear your voice." Liam sighed. "Remind me why I bother working. We could run away to some island, my parent's island, and live off berries and water."

"Sounds wonderful, but I'll stick to Chicago," I murmured.

"Whatever you say mistress, anything else from your slave?"

I sat up straighter," actually, yes, are you home? I'll need help bringing these bags in the house."

"I thought you just needed a dress?"

"Four women and a endless amount of money, you really thought I would come back with just a dress?" I cocked a eyebrow even though he couldn't see it.

"I suppose you're correct. I'll be outside when you get here. I love you."

"I love you too, see ya in a while."

"Bye beautiful."

A/N: no Liam this chapter c: i think this is a first.

sorry if it sounds like im dragging it out. i am lol. im trying to reach thirty chapters so i promise next chapter will be interesting and not boring. k? k. it will be about the ball, you get to find out what Sabrina's dress looks lyk, seeing who's keeping Devon busy and the calm before the storm (aka the drama)

and last chapter when i said i hated when people asked if i was going to update or not, i literally meant that one question. idc when people comment "omg update" or whatever. i usually ignore them (no offense

and what about that mystery pov doe. i have a feeling you guys already know who it is but whatevs. i tried c:

twitter: @thatwriterNina ifollowback ^.^