Mycroft - Games part 2

"Every word Mycroft. Tell me what he said." Sherlock growled and slammed his fist on the table.

"Oh Sherlock! Stop it with your pathetic attempts to scare the information out of me, I'm your brother for god's sake!" Mycroft wiped a light layer of perspiration from his face and sighed heavily. "Moriarty has Y/N somewhere, and I've got 24 hours before he..." Mycroft swallowed hard, not wanting to think of his precious Y/N getting anything as simple as a scratch. "He told me that I have to win the game, and that I should remember the taste of my success."

Mycroft could faintly here John and Lestrade conversing in the background. There was a map and a white board with ideas already jotted down, and lots of bodies in one small flat. Mycroft couldn't wrap his head around the fact that Y/N wasn't with him, that she wasn't home or at work. She was gone and probably tied up somewhere, screaming his name over and over again.

A sudden stinging throbbed on Mycroft's cheek, his head turned to face Sherlock who had a sour look on his face.

"Pull your shit together Mycroft! This is serious and I'm trying to help you." Sherlock's eyes softened at the sight of his brother, whose eyes looked glossy and red. "Okay. Please tell me what I can do." Mycroft sighed with a shaky voice.

"Let's start with this." Sherlock threw a tattered up Operation box onto the table in front of his brother. He then stacked battleship, Sorry, and mousetrap on the floor. "Operation? At a time like this? What the hell Sherlock." Mycroft glared at Sherlock as he sat down and set up the game. "Well, you have to win the game right? So then we have to practice."

With Mycroft's head muffled with guilt and confusion, he eventually agreed and began to play with Sherlock.

-----

After 12 hours of non-stop "gaming" and Sherlock yelling at Mycroft, Mycroft managed to solve every game every time they continued to play. Sherlock honestly couldn't beat Mycroft, that was a fact.

Lestrade rushed in, hanging onto the doorway to stop him from facing planting into the table of games. "Helicopters have picked up a heat signature in an abandoned mall parking lot. 3rd floor, identified as a woman, we think it's Y/N." As quick as Lestrade finished Mycroft had his jacket on, half way out of the door. "There's a cruiser waiting for you outside!" Lestrade yelled, but Mycroft was already off and out the door.

The cruiser pulled out and Mycroft anxiously looked out the window, seeing the buildings go past far too slow. His foot began to jump up and down, Mycroft licked his lips.

"Can you drive any bloody faster! Turn your sirens on!" He yelled at the driver, to which they immediately flicked the sirens and lights on as cars pulled to the side to make way for the speeding cruiser. Within no time the car slowed to a halt, and Mycroft jumped out and ran towards the buildings.

Just and Mycroft entered, he could hear the gritting of gravel under tires, he knew back up was coming In case anything were to happen.

Swallowing his fear, Mycroft approached the area set up with with two beautifully carved dark oak chairs and a table. He sat down and stared at what was in front of him. A chess board.

"Glad you came, I'd thought you'd never be here in time." Moriarty's voice echoed as he walked towards the board. "I heard you were good at chess. Let's play. You win, you get Y/N back and I'll let you two go safe and sound. I win, I kill her."

"Why are you doing this?"

"I'm bored. Everyone is boring. Even Sherlock has gotten to be boring." Moriarty pouted.

"Fine. Your turn first." Mycroft grumbled. Watching as the estranged man sat across from him. Moriarty moved his black pawn two forward, and so the game began. Back and forth the game went on, and pieces started disappearing from the board.