Sherlock - If You Love Me part 2

"Nurse Carol, two shots of MPV and start the defibrillator." The nurse flipped several switched and a high pitched sound rang as the CC defibrillator charged rapidly.

"Yes Doctor. Charging, charging,-"

"Quickly nurse we're losing her!" The doctor yelled, a bead of sweat rolling down his temple. The side nurses pressed on the patients arms and legs, trying frantically to stop the slight bleeding in a professional way.

"100% charged Doctor." The nurse sighed in relief.

"Clear!" The doctor said, rubbing the two charged plates together and then placing them on the patients chest. The chest sprang up as if it misses the contact of the electrostatic plates. It fell back again, the constant beep of the flat heart monitor worrying the staff. Never the less, the doctor charged the plates again and tried countless times to bring the young patient back. The nurse put a hand on his shoulder to let him know that there was nothing more he could do. He sighed and looked at his watch.

"Patients name; Y/N Y/L/N, time of death: 12:48 am."

-------

Sherlock jolted awake, his eyes watering and his chest heaving. John immediately took notice and put a sturdy hand on his friends shoulder, giving him the instant comfort he needed. "I-I had a nightmare..." Sherlock whispered, his voice panicked and caked with nervousness. John nodded, his lips tight as he remembered what it was like to be frequented by night terrors.

"She's up." John said, his tight lips curling into a soft smile. Sherlock's spastic hands wiped the light perspiration off his forehead, and his wide eyes searched John for any sign of fibbing. Before his mind could register, Sherlock's legs were bringing him to Y/N's room.

His red eyes scanned the artificially lit room until they fell upon the sleeping figure of Y/N. She was hooked up to an IV, and a bleached white cloth was wrapped around both of her forearms. Her colour had come back her make up smeared face had been washed. She looked quite at peace, it's true how people say that when someone is sleeping they look at peace.

Sherlock slipped into the chair beside the bed silently as not to wake Y/N. He looked sadly at the white bandages, still shaken at seeing blood pooled on the ground surrounding Y/N. Blood never phased him, heck he worked in the detective business, it would be damn near impossible for blood to effect him. But seeing the blood of his friend, his love, it hurt him. He couldn't bear it.

Sherlock breathing was speratic, he didn't know how to react. He was mad about how he didn't figure it out sooner, that he was too late.

His lips quivered as Y/N stirred. Her (ec) eyes opened slowly, fatigue still dominant over her body. She breathed heavily and focused on Sherlock. Like a switch her features darkened and Y/N's face shrivelled with questionable feelings, dread, guilt, sadness, anger, the whole lot.

Y/N lifted her weak body thinking that she could get away, but Sherlock shot up and firmly pressed her shoulders back. She cried softly in shock rather then pain as Sherlock hovered over her.

"Why did you do that? How to your do that to yourself?" Sherlock shook Y/N gently getting the echoing in her head.

"I-I don't know, I c-couldn't help it..." Y/N stuttered, her voice shaky. She didn't know how to answer, Y/N had battled with depression before, but this time it got the better of her.

Sherlock retreated to his chair, ashamed by his brutal actions against someone who is clearly broken. He looked down, and mumbled sorry to Y/N. She nodded but kept her cool, making sure not to embarrass herself.

"I have depression and severe anxiety, I don't take medication because it changes me. I try to act as normal as I can but sometimes I slip away to old habits." Y/N picked at her bandages.

"Therapists help but I can't afford it, living in London is quite expensive." Y/N's story unravelled to Sherlock, as she spoke he put pieces together and realized how terrible he treated her. Y/N deserved kindness, attention, love. She deserved everything.

But she certainly didn't deserve him.

Sherlock wrapped his boney fingers around Y/Ns soft hand and squeezed it tight. With determination in his mind Sherlock licked his dry lips. "We'll do it together, we'll get you the help you need, and you-you can be you." He said, colours of hope exploding in his eyes. At first Y/N was taken aback, but she smiled half-heartedly and softly squeezed back.

"Together."

Hello everyone! Hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment and have a amazing day. :)

-CW