Jack groaned it was way to early and he hadn't gotten that much sleep.

"Morning girls" he said " did you all sleep good"?

"Yup", Bella said

"Today uncle teddy is supposed to take us sailing" Caroline squealed

" that's sounds you all are gonna have a pretty terrific day" he said smiling.
" is your mom up yet"? He asked.

"No not yet, come on cara, let's go wake her up" bella said as both girls ran out of theroom.

'I have to apologize about last night, I have to make sure everything is still OK between them' he thought to himself.

A little while later jackie finally came in to Jacks room with a plate full of food.

"Good morning" she said as she sat the food in the floor at Jacks head.

"Good morning, breakfast smells great" he said smiling.

"What I got the girls to eat they think it's delicious" she said with a smile.

"Well I better get going, we're going sailing today" she said as she walked out the door.

"Jackie" he called after her.

"Yes" she said over her shoulder

"I uh, am sorry about last night, I hope your not mad and that were good" he said.

"I ain't mad and yes were still good" she said smiling as she quickly made her way back into the room and went over and kissed him on the forehead.

"Good, I am glad, have a great day out on the water" he said as he patted her on the butt.

"Actually I think I am gonna let the girls go and I am gonna come back here and we can talk or read together" she said.

"You don't have to do that, go have fun" he said as he stuffed a piece of bacon into his mouth.

"I will have more fun with you" she said as she went out the room

☆☆☆☆☆
A few weeks dragged by for Jack but finally the open wound in his back closed and he was able to walk around on crutches.

Him, Jackie and the girls started going sailing a lot and he also enjoyed making sandcastles with the girls, they were the typical 'fake' family.

Eight weeks had passed from his surgery and he was back on the campaign trail, this time him, bobby, teddy, Joe sr. Peter, pat, eunice, sarge, Jackie, bella and caroline was on their way to try and make Texas vote democract in the next electon.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Fort Worth Texas

It was raining this morning and the girls wanted to jump in muddy puddles, so bobby, teddy and Jack were out in the pouring rain jumping in muddy puddles.

"Just be careful jack" bobby said

"I will be and what's gonna happen anyways a snipper will try and take me out, I am superman" jack said laughing

"Ya well remember that superman gets taken down by krypton" teddy said

"Ya well bobby you ain't nothing to worry about it got this" jack said as he went over and started tickling a giggling bella.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Dallas Texas

Jack had just given a speech to a room full at the convention center at this very moment he and Jackie had walked out the red brick building and took seat on the brown fence surrounding the building.

"Thanks for coming with me" jack said smiling and Jackie

"Your welcome" Jackie said as she wrapped her arms around Jacks neck, Jack bend his head down and their lips met, they were making out like teenagers as sarge and eunice made their way around the building " hey you two, get a room" sarge yelled as eunice punched him in the arm.

Jack and Jackie pulled away and looked at sarge and eunice while they started laughing also.

Just than a loud popping sound went off at first Jackie thought it was fireworks but than she felt the searing pain in her left shoulder and also saw the bright crimson blood flowing down her left shoulder and on to her lap. She than her another popping sound and than watched as Jack fell backwards off the fence.

"No" Jackie started screaming as she quickly lept off the fence and pulled jack into her lap.

"I think I am ok, just tired" jack said as he slowly shut his eyes.

"No stay awake, stay with me" Jackie started screaming.

"Help someone call 911" sarge started screaming from the other side of the fence, Jackie looked thru the wire part of the fence and saw sarge on the ground holding a badly bleeding eunice.

"Oh good lord, some one help us now, please" Jackie started screaming