chapter 25

"Mummy, it hurts so bad" Caroline started crying as she laid on the ground clutching her stomach and left leg in her small hands.

"Somebody call 911" Jackie screamed as she army crawled over to Caroline, gathering her in her arms.

"It's OK baby, everything is gonna be ok" Jackie started whispering to her daughter.

"Daddy, daddy please wake up" Bella said as she ran over and threw herself on top of Jack and started hitting him in the face trying time wake him up.

"Mummy, daddy won't wake up" Bella yelled.

"The ambulance is on its way" bobby yelled as he and teddy came over to jack.

--------------------------------------------------------

Boston memorial hospital

A few hours later found jackie in a dim lighted hospital room, holding carolines hand, caroline had just been up from the recovery room, poor little girl had to have emerencey surgey to have the bullet removed and her appendix since the bullet had ruptured them, she had a bright pink cast on her leg.

"Its going to be ok, my darling" jackie murmured as she placed a kiss on carolines forehead.

The white door of the room flew open and in walked bobby, he quickly made his way to jackie and placed a kiss on top of her head.

"How is she"? Bobby asked jackie

"The doctor said she will be ok, thank God" jackie said softly and than added "how is jack"?

Bobbys face grew white as if he had seen a ghost and slowly and softly said "hes going to be ok".

"No bobby, what are you not telling me" jackie deamended as she grabbed his arm.

"He may never walk again, but at least thank God, hes still alive" he quickly stated.

"He maybe alive but not being able to walk, is going to kill him" she said as she threw herself into his arms, and they both cried for a man that they both love.

--------------------------------------------------------

Jacks hospital room

There was a soft knock on the door

"I said i want to be left alone" he growled

Slowly the door started openeing and in walked a shy little bella and jackie.

"Bella wanted to make sure her daddy was ok" jackie softly said.

He couldnt take the sad look she had on her face, so he put all his attention to the beautiful little girl standing beside him.

"Hey there pumpkin" he softly said

"Hi, daddy" bella answered

"Are you ok"? He asked

"Yes the bad man didnt hurt me or mama" she cried

"Thats good, i am so glad that he didnt" jack said smiling

"Daddy, i love you"she cried

"I love you too, baby" he said as he stuck his arms out and pulled her to him, til she was safe in his arms, against his chest.

"How is caroline"? He asked jackie

"Shes ok, shes asleep, bobby is with her" jackie softly said.

"You, uh heard the news, didnt you"? He mummbled

All she could do was bite her lip hard and shake her head.

"Well i guess since i will be a cripple, no use in running for president, so i guess our deal is over, i will make sure you recieve some money and you and the girls can go wherever you would like to live from now on" he growled

She was stunned, just so stunned "after everything we had been threw, you just want to throw it away, i thought you love me" she yelled as hot tears streamed down her cheeks.

He wasn't expecting her to get this emotional, he thought she would be happy she was off the hook.

"I love you jack, i fell in love with you along time ago but was too scared to admit it" she whispered

"You cant love a crippled, nobody can, all of this is your fault, if we had never met, my sister would be alive and i would be able to walk" he screamed

She was taken back, how was any of this her fault, she thought....

"I still love you regradless if you can walk or not" she cried

"It would never work out, we couldnt be together physically" he pointed out

"There is other ways to be with someone other than sex" she screamed.

He was getting crazy she thought

He wanted this conversation to be over so he said the one thing he knew would hurt her and make her leave.

"I dont love you, i never did, your right i said i did because i wanted to have sex with you again, but that was a mistake, its kinda hard to love someone who is trash and is unloveable" he growled.

Her eyes flashed black and her nostiles flared but she didnt say anything she couldnt open her mouth because she knew if she did she would start crying and she wasnt about to let him get the statfication of seeing her cry.

She marched over to the bed, grabbed bella from his arms and placed her on her left hip and was about to storm out off the room but instead she got to the door and relled around.

"Just so you know, i am pregnant" she snapped and just like that she whipped back around walked out the door and slammed it hard behind her.

It took a few seconds for what she had just said to resonate in his brain, once it had, he threw his head back into the pillow and cried, "what the hell did i just do"?