chapter 5

As Jack reached the bathroom door, the toilet flushed and the water from the sink was running.

"Hey, uh, jackie are you ok"? Jack asked shyly as he knocked softly on the bathroom door.

The door slowly opened and a ghostly white looking jackie stood in the doorway.

"Ya, just peachy" she said as she brushed past him and walked quickly down the hall.

"Are you sure"? Jack asked

"Yes jack, I am fine, and besides why do you even care" ? Jackie snapped as she whipped around and flashed him a death glare.

"Uh, well just was wondering" Jack said

"Listen I think we need to lay down some ground rules if this little aragnment is gonna work" she snapped.

"Ok" Jack said as he walked pass her and sat on the top stair of the staircase, she huffed and quickly sat down beside of him.

"Ok shoot" he said.

"Well first of all we might be living together but we have two different lives, I don't have to or want to share every little thing with you" she started

"I agree" he said simply

"Ok good, so you can stop pretending to care about us" she said

"Well since you all are my pretend family, I do need to know what bella and Caroline are so sacred about" he said.

"That's none of your business, there my girls not yours" she snapped as she quickly stood up and ran down the stairs.

"If you would only tell me, I could protect you alls from it" Jack called after her.

----------------------------------

Jackie found herself standing in the manicured back yard of the big house, watching her girls running around with two other little girls as the rest of the children, she was guessing were bobby and ethels, we're playing football, bobby, Ethel and Teddy included.

Jackie watched her girls running around, wind blowing thru their hair as they looked like they didn't have a care in the world.

She sighed too bad life wasn't that easy, like the innocence of a child's life or the majesty of the bright sun.

Just than Jack appeared behind her, "Hey jack, you all playing" Bobby hollered.

Jack looked at Jackie and said "Come on, let's play".

"Me play, no that's ok" she said

"Just come on, not that hard to play some foolsball" Jack said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her out onto the sandy beach, where the others were playing football.

"Great, here jackie" ethel said, as she threw the football to her.

Jackie caught it and threw it towards bobby, he caught it and shouted "Alright let's play"!

In the end Jackie learned how to play football but also ended up at the hospital.

--------------------------------

Boston Memorial Hospital emergency room

"I told you I didn't wanna play" she snapped at jack, as she and him sat in the small room of the emergency room, she on a metal table and he in a pink plastic chair.

"Well, how did I know, you were gonna fall and I would end up falling on top of your leg so clearly this is your fault for falling" Jack said.

Jackie rolled her eyes "clearly it was my fault" she snapped.