chapter nine

"Jackie, jackie, jackie" someone was calling her name and stroking her hair. She forgot where she was so she tried to pull away from whoever it was and than she nervously opened her eyes and standing above her was jack kennedy.

"Oh thank goodness" she said as she slowly sat up.

"Who else would it of been"? Jack asked as he started chuckling.

"I don't know" she said quietly

"Ya, we'll it's time to get up and head over to the grove arcade building for a speech and breakfast, do you need help up"? Jack asked her.

"No it's ok, I can manage" Jackie said

"Ok well, I am gonna go take a shower than" he said as he got some clothes off his bed and disappeared into the bathroom.

------
The Grove Arcade

Jack had just finished giving his speech and had sat down at the round table in the center of the room.

Mr. Peterman, the owner of the grove arcade was to his left gabbering about something in his ear, as Jackie was to his right with a smile on her face as she listened to Mr. Petermans wife, jack looked at his 'wife' and smiled, she looked so cute, her little nose wrinkled and a mischievous smile on her face. Jack reached over and grabbed her right hand, she looked over at him and they shared a small smile, he than leans over and whispers "meet me outside, in five".

"Ok" she mouthed back and than stood up from the table as she excused herself to the bathroom.

Jack sat there a few seconds later, than finally stood up and pretended to mingle with an older man standing at the buildings exit.
-----------------------------------

"Hey, fancy, meeting you here" Jackie said as Jack finally made his way out of the building and sat down on the metal bench beside of her.

"Well can't pass up the chance of sitting by a cute girl" he said with a smile.

Jackie was confussed, why was he flirting with her or were they still in character of husband and wife, she thought to herself.

"Nope were not still in character" he said like he had been reading her mind and than he leaned over and brushed his soft wet lips against hers, at first she was too stunned to do anything but than he pushed his tongue into her mouth and she let out a small moan.

"Well you two seem incredibly close all of the sudden" Bobby said as he sat down on the bench beside of jack.

"And you have incredibly poor timing" Jack said as he and jackie broke their make out session and he whacked bobby upside the head.

"Been told that before" Bobby said as he started laughing.

"So they even miss us in there"? Jack asked as he put his arm around jackie.

"Nah, dad's throwing on the kennedy charm pretty heavy" Bobby chuckled.

"Ya, I sure hope we win this" Jack said laughing.

"You really wanna be president or are you expected to be?" jackie suddenly asked.

"Um well, I guess a little bit of both, you see my big brother Joe jr. Was susposd to be the one running for president but he was killed" Jack said.

"Oh, I am sorry you loss your brother" Jackie said softly.

"Ya that was a long time ago" Jack said as he slowly stood up and started walking down the sidewalk.

----------------------------------------------------------
The Eyescream Parlor

A few hours later the Kennedys where at their finial stop in North Carolina before they headed back to Hyannis Port.

The little icecream parlor was packed and everyone was cheering as Jack spoke.

Jackie was sitting at one of the small woodened tables behind him standing in a small red wooden chair, she wasnt really listening to what he was saying, she kept replaying their conversation from earlier in her head , she hadn't know about Joe jr. And even thro Jack had said don't worry about it, it was along time ago, the couple hadn't talked since, Bobby had told her that Jack blames himself for his brothers death.

Jackie closed her eyes for a moment and than she felt someone's hand on her shoulder, she didn't get tense this time because she knew it was jack, she knew his touch now.

She opened her eyes and smiled up at her smiling 'husband', he took a few more bites from the vanilla icecream he had been eating and than handed her the cone, "thanks" she said.

"Ya, well' he began as his father came over and dragged him away, the whole time thro he had his eyes on her.

After a few more hours ole joe finally said it was time to head back home.

-------------------------------------

Hyannis port

The flight back went by really fast mostly because Jack talked to Bobby and she had slept.

As she hobbled down the steps of the plane Jack jogged down and joined her holding a doll with red curly hair and a purple frilly dress on and a doll with black hair and a red frilly dress on.

"I got these for the girls" he said A big smile on his face, "I hope they like them".

"Oh I am sure they will love them" she said with a smile.

" mummy, I've missed you so much" was heard as a little Bella came running up the stairs an attacked her mother, caroline was right behind her an so jackie sat down on the stair and held her baby girls.

"I have you all so much too" she said as she kissed bella's head.

Jack stood there looking down at his little "family" and couldn't stop from smiling
'Maybe this really was what he was missing'he thought to himself.

"Here girls, we got these for you" Jack said as he handed the dolls to the girls.

Bella and Caroline's face brightened up and their eyes got huge "Thank you" they squealed and threw themselves into Jacks arms.

"Your welcome girls" he exclaimed as he bend down picking up Caroline and than reached for Jackie's hand pulling her up and than the 'family' got into the white converitable, that jean and her husband steven drove to get them at the airport.

"So jackie do you know a kevin"? Jean asked on the way to the house.

Jackie's heart sunk,'Oh no he couldn't of found us' she thought "um, no why"? She asked.

"Because a man named Kevin showed up at the house earlier, claiming to be your husband" jean said.

"Wait daddy's here, why" Caroline cried as she buried her head in her mother's chest.