chapter 23

Jack finally found Jackie sitting on the beach about 3 miles from the Kennedys house.

He quickly sat down beside of her and pulled her into his arms and places his lips on her forehead.

"I am sorry about my mother, I want you to know that I love you, I really do and I don't want to ever lose you" he cried.

Jackie was shocked "really you actually love me or are you just saying that because we had sex and you think if you say what I wanna hear than we will have sex again"? She asked him.

"Last night was the best night of my life, but it doesn't change the way I feel about you, even if we never have sex again, I still love you and I always will" . He said as he drew her into his arms.

"You would just find somebody else to have sex with somebody else" she snapped.

"No I would not, I am done having a fling with a different woman every single night, you've changed me, I am a completely different person!" he declared

Jackie had her doubts of what all jack was declaring to her and there was no way in hell she was telling him, she loved him, well not yet at least, til he proves he has changed, she thought to herself.

********************************

Later that day was the memorial for eunice, sarge had decided to have her cremated and had her in a vase beside their bed, where she was still with him and their kids.

"We're late" Ethel whispered, as she and Bobby, Jack and Jackie all walked into the church that was where they were having the celebration of her life.

All of Bobby's kids and Jackie's kids were up front with eunice kids along with jeans, and Patricia's kids, they took up the first 5 pews on the right hand side of the church, all of them had on a shirt that the woman of the family help make, it said "in loving memory of aunt eunice" for her many nieces and nephews and for her own children the shirts Said "you will be with us forever, mummy", the kids also had balloons and flowers, stuffed animals, cards and pictures that they were to leave all the presents for eunice at a bench that Jack and Bobby got and put it in the back yard of the house.

Up in the front of the church was blow up pics of eunice and sarge and their kids, along with eunice sailing, at a cookout, a carnival, and a lot of pics of her and various members of the family each showed her with a huge smile on her face.

Jack sat down in the back pew between Bobby and Jackie and he couldn't take anymore, everything that had happened in the last few days came hitting him all at full force and he pulled his dark sunglasses down over his eyes as tears started to stream down his cheeks. Jackie leaned over and gave him a hug and Bobby patted him on the back.

Patricia had just got done talking about her sister and the reverend asked "if anybody else would like to say anything"?

A few moments of silence and than jack and Bobby rose from their seats and made it up to the front of the church.

"What could I possibly say that hasn't been said before" jack started

"She was my little sister and I also looked out for her, always had her back, she was also the one who wanted to follow me around when we were growing up, I love her I will always love her and I am so sorry I didn't protect her like I always had, if I had she would still be here and I am so sorry I failed her and all of you" jack cried as he started running back towards the doors of the church.

Jackie stood up and took off after him as Bobby started talking.

************************

The cementary behind the church

"Jack please stop" Jackie called after him.

"I don't wanna talk about it" he said as he threw himself on to the ground beneath an oak tree.

"I miss her so much, I miss my brother Joe and my other sister kick, they all three died because of me, I deserve to live" jack started screaming.

"Oh jack none of that was your fault" she said as she took a seat next to him.

"Yes it is too, I have nothing to live for I am the one who deserves to lose my life" he yelled turning around an punching the tree trunk as hard as he can.

"Will calm down, please you have a lot to live for" she declared

"Oh really like what? He asked

"You have two little girls who love you and act like your their hero" she said smiling.

He started smiling too but than declared "their not really mine".

"No, you might not of helped create them but their mostly definitely yours they started calling you daddy and want to do stuff with you because they trust and love you" she said.

"I do love them too and I also love you" he said as he took her in his arms.

"Come on, looks like their going to her memorial" Jackie said as she stood up and grabbed his hand helping him to his feet also.

*********************************

The Kennedy palm Beach house

"Mummy, daddy" Bella said as Jack and Jackie came into the back yard and everyone was placing the things the had for eunice around the black metal bench.

"Hey girls are you all ok"? Jackie asked her daughters

"Yes mummy, but I miss aunt eunice" Caroline said as Jack picked her up.

"So do I, baby" jack murmured

All of the sudden was a loud popping sound at first everyone was trying to figure out what it was and where it was coming from, Jackie knew what that horrid sound was it was gunfire, she looked at jack beside of her and exchanged a worried look.

Next thing Jackie saw was jack flying backwards and landing hard on the ground and Caroline also flying in the air.