Chapter 18

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT!!! This chapter is specifically for mature readers near the end. You'll know when the mature part comes because I'll put a - before it. It's nothing major and I tried, but I'm just warning you. Now onto the book...

During breakfast I ended up sitting between Christopher and Justin. It was sort of awkward because Justin kept trying to run his hand up my leg every chance he got.

It was fun at first, but when Christopher noticed he glared at us. We are currently in the pool right now and Christopher still isn't talking to me.

I swam over to where he had his back to me and used his shoulders to gain me momentum as I lifted myself up and plant my legs around his waist, jumping on his back.

Christopher, surprised, tried to turn and look at me as he jerked but I kept hiding myself from his view. "Who the hell is on my back?" He says, now angry.

I blush and jump off his back. "Me."

He turns around and, when he sees that it's me, glares at me. "What do you want, Justine? Can't you see that I'm talking to Jen?" He says pointing to a frowning Jennifer.

I sigh and look over at her pleadingly. "Can I talk to him? Please?" Her eyebrows furrow as she frowns even more, even going as far as to poke her bottom lip out.

Christopher notices this and smiles as he takes his index finger and tucks her bottom lip back in her mouth. "Don't pout, princess, it's not cute." He says as my jaw practically drowns in the water around us.

She smiles at him and swims over to Justin, where he chills by the waterfall. I look back at Chris and raise my eyebrow at him. "What was that?" I say.

He shrugs. "Nothing. What do you want?" He repeats his earlier question.

"Can we talk?" I ask, nearly begging. I can't stand the fact that my own best friend isn't even talking to me, much less flirting with another girl.

He shrugs again. "Whatever."

I shuffle my feet under water and try hard to focus my attention on his face and not his glorifying abs. "Chris... About breakfast-" I stared before I was cut off.

He narrowed his blue eyes at me. "You guys shouldn't have been messing around underneath the table. We just got here, Justine, and you're already trying to jump into someone's pants."

Now it was my turn to narrow my eyes. "Who the hell do you think I am, Christopher? A whore?" I ask him, furious that he would say that to me.

He stayed silent and I could feel tears blooming in my eyes.

I gasped. "You do..." I started backing away from him, slowly. " It's like I don't even know you anymore."

After I put a good distance in between us, I stopped and we just stared at each other.

Justin and Jen stopped their conversation and swam over to us. "Whoa. What's going on here?" Justin said, looking in between us.

None of us said anything and he finally got the glare that Chris sent him while Jen just looked confused. "What? What's going on here?" She says, bringing her hand up to her head and giving it a scratch.

Justin just rolled his blue eyes and swam over to Christopher, whispering something in his ear. Chris's eyes went wide as he glared even more at him and gave me a broken, apologetic look. "Justine..."

I felt something wet glide down my cheek and I knew from my tight throat that it wasn't water. The tears were falling harder and harder each passing second as we stared at each other.