Chapter 5

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT!!!

I peeled my eyes open and took in my surroundings. I was still in the truck, but we were parked outside of a small shop, in the middle of the woods.

The scenery was beautiful. The sun hit the tiny shop perfectly, casting it a major glow that stood out against the various trees that surrounded the area. To my right, there were two other parking spaces in front of a large bush that surrounded the whole shop. Except for the entrance, of course.

The bushes grew out small, beautiful red roses and a few white ones every now and then. The small shop  was entirely made of wood and a few bricks that made up the very bottom portion of the shop. Two open windows were placed on both sides of a cute wooden door that was above a few wooden steps in the front.

After I basically ogled the shop, I reached for the door handle and got out of the truck. I slammed the door shut after I got out and made my way to the door. I descended the steps and twisted the knob, pushing the door open and making my way inside.

The door shut on it's own accord and I took a look around.

Two bright green couches were placed on each side of the shop and a small coffee table was in the middle. Towards the far back of the shop was a countertop that stretched, horizontally, across the shop. Behind the counter was a bunch of snacks and magazines and travel supply that was on sale, of course.

There were posters everywhere and they all had motivational quotes or funny pictures on them. The restrooms were on the far right of the shop.

I walked to the counter and rung the small bell that was on top. In a matter of seconds, an elderly lady with light blue eyes appeared through a door that I hadn't noticed behind the counter with a radiant smile. "Hello. How may I help you? My name is Elise." She says, putting her hand out for me to take.

I offer a small smile and shake her hand. "Hi, Elise. My name is Justine. Do you happen to know someone named Christopher?" I respond.

Her eyebrows shoot up. "Yes. He is in the bathroom. He's my favorite and only customer. As you can see, my location isn't very known." She gestures to her shop.

I let out a small chuckle. "It's a beautiful shop. Do you work here by yourself?" I say, curiously.

The smile never left her face. "Yes." Seeing my facial expression, she adds, "It's quite all right. I love the peace and quiet."

Before I had a chance to reply, the bathroom door opened and out walked Christopher, tugging his zipper up in the process. His eyes dashed between Elise and I before he smiled smugly. "I see you've met Elise." he says, walking over to us and coming to stand beside me.

"Yes. She is very lovely." I simply say.

"Can I get you two something to drink while you're here?" Elise kindly asks. We both nod our heads and she disappears through the door while Chris and I take a seat on the couches, oppostise one another.

Its pretty silent as we both look at each other. Christopher was the first to break it. "So...watch any good movies lately?" He asks, his eyebrows going up in the process.

I laugh at his poor attempt to start conversation. "You're horrible at this." I deadpanned.

He scratches the back of his neck. "Well how about you try starting a conversation with someone you don't know." he exclaims.

"Okay. How often do you come to the shop?" I ask, succeeding at starting a conversation.

He frowns. "Pretty often. I always make a way to stop here whenever I travel outside of pack grounds."

"You seem like quite the traveler if she knows your name. What? Are you scared of your pack or something?" I chuckle.

His frown deepens. "Yes." He simply says.

Before I can utter another word, Elise comes back out with a tray of hot chocolate and honey buns. My favorite. "Her you are, my dears." She says, taking a seat next to Christopher and passing out our beloved snacks.

I pick up my cup and cautiously take a sip in case it was hot, but it was warm to the touch. I took a medium gulp and set it back down. I opened my honey bun and took a bite, moaning slightly when the glazed substance came in contact with my tongue.

I look up to find Chris and Elise staring at me. I lift an eyebrow. Elise is the one to speak. "Have you ever had a honey bun before?" She asks kindly.

I nod my head. "Of course. It's my favorite snack. Why do you ask?" I respond.

Christopher answers the question. "You look like you haven't eaten in months from the way you just attacked it." He says looking pointedly at the half eaten honey bun in my hand.

I put the honeybun on the wrapper and start taking more sips of my hot chocolate. "Sorry. I get carried away when it comes to honey buns." I say sheepishly.

Elise chuckles and turns to Christopher. "So? What brings you here this time?" She asks and then motions to me. "And with a girl?"

Chris's cheeks become red as he gulps and turns his head a little bit, looking anywhere but Elise's eyes. "I, um... I-I..." He stutters, his blush deepening.

I smirk. "Aw. Cat got your tongue?" I tease. If it's possible, he looks like a giant red apple. Elise looks at me and we smirk at each other.

"I'm taking her to the pack." He suddenly blurts out.

Elise's head snaps to him with wide eyes so fast, I'm surprised it didn't crack. "You what!?" She yells, suddenly furious and terrified. Her bright blue eyes visibly darkened with anger and her face flushed of a deep angry red. She slammed her cup down on the table and smacked Chris on the back of his head.

He winced and suddenly looked like her wanted to pee his pants, forgetting the fact that he just went. "She has no where else to go, El. She's having problems with her pack. Look at the bruise on her ribs. She has to come with me." He tries to explain.

Why didn't it heal? I scoff internally. So much for werewolf powers.

Her gaze softens just a fraction and her gaze moves over to me where it rests on my now exposed stomach. I discreetly try to cover it with my arms but the movement doesn't go unnoticed.

Elise walks over to me in three long strides and sits next to me. "What happened, dear?" She asks, concern now taking over her facial expression.

She grabs my hand, which was previously lying  on my knee, and entwined our fingers as Chris took a seat on the other couch.

When she saw that I didn't want to talk, she squeezed my hand. "Honey, if you keep everything bottled up, your bottle's gonna break." She soothes in a caring tone.

Tears prick my eyes. I know she's right, yet I continue to keep it all in. It's just really hard for me since I've never had anyone but Emily and I can't even talk to her at the moment because of all the distance and my phone is in the car. I don't think Elise would let me try to get it even if I could.

I look down at my lap as I feel something glide down my cheeks. I reach up with unpreoccupied hand and touch my face. It's wet. I'm crying. Again.

I look back up and blank my expression, ready to spill my whole life story to Elise and Christopher.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a while, but I've gotten really lazy over that past two weeks. Anywho, up top is Elise. What do you guys think of her character? She doesn't play a major role, but I might want to remember her if I were you. Toodles.

-The Queen.