56. Treatment, Part 3

It was Sunday and I had the day off, but we both woke rather early since our internal clocks were trained to  get us up and out the door by 6 AM on most days

It was Sunday and I had the day off, but we both woke rather early since our internal clocks were trained to get us up and out the door by 6 AM on most days. It was cold and windy outside so staying in bed seemed like the best option. We enjoyed a leisurely morning, holding each other and talking, mostly about life and everyday things rather than the crisis that had presented itself a few weeks earlier. I didn't think I could ever get enough of waking up to his warmth, his soft lips, his beautiful eyes.

Harry would resume his outpatient treatment the next day, and I was scheduled to work the next three shifts, Monday through Wednesday. Harry also planned to attend his first Alcoholics Anonymous meeting since he wasn't required to attend full days of therapy anymore. We decide to make today as relaxing as possible, turning off our phones, closing the blinds to the howling wind and snow, essentially cutting ourselves off from the world and enjoying a bit of respite together.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked softly as we indulged in the rare opportunity to stay in bed.

"Just that I'm so lucky I found you," I said, just as softly.

"I'm the lucky one, Ell," he said, tenderly kissing my forehead, then my nose, then my lips. 

"You're sweet," I whispered. "I guess we can agree to be lucky together."

"Okay," he whispered back, leaning in to kiss my neck. He slowly traveled up to my ear and then, without warning, he stuck his tongue deep into it.

I screeched, "Gross! Did you just give me a wet willy?" 

The sassy smirk on his face was unforgettable. "I sure did."

"Ew," I said, drying off my ear. "I'm getting up now." I started to get out of bed, he grabbed me by the arm and pulled me back. 

"Let me make it up to you," he said in a much more seductive voice. 

I rolled towards him and he captured my mouth with his, giving me a kiss that I could feel all the way to my toes. After a quick and spontaneous romp, we decided to get a quick shower before fixing breakfast, well, by that time it was brunch, at least, if not a late lunch.

When we were finished eating and the kitchen cleaned up, we snuggled on the couch, our favorite spot in front of the fire. "I'm so thankful that you have a fireplace," I said, retreating further under the blanket and closer to Harry.

"What would you have done if I didn't have one?" He asked with a cautious laugh.

"That would have been a deal breaker for sure. It's on my list of essential qualities for a potential spouse. Top of the list: Must Have Fireplace."

"Is that so?" He asked, nibbling on my ear again. When he found that sweet spot just below it, he teased me just enough and said, "It wouldn't matter at all to you that I could do that, huh?" He turned my face towards him. "Or this?" He plunged his tongue into my mouth, once again, sending sparks everywhere throughout my body.