44. Therapeutic

On one of the rare days that we didn't work the same shift, Harry came home looking more haggard than usual

"What's the matter, babe?" I asked, giving him a small pout. 

He enfolded me in his arms and squeezed tightly before he answered. With a deep sigh, he informed me, "I've been assigned a partner to work with me on the ER expansion." 

"A partner?" I questioned. He was already on a team who was handling this project. Why did he need a partner as well.

"That's their fancy way of saying supervisor, from the sounds of it. I have to run all my proposals through her before I submit them to the committee."

"Who is it?" I asked. 

"Dr. Durand," he huffed and fell backwards onto the couch. I felt his pain. Dr. Saige Durand was the head of the entire pediatric department, as well as a professor at Pritzker School of Medicine in the University of Chicago. Her name was reputable for her many years of research in child development and the effects of long-term illness on children. She was also known for her meticulous standards and high degree of professionalism, both good things, but the by-product of all this was that she was notoriously hard to work with. 

"Whoa," I mumbled, climbing onto his lap. "I've heard she's tough." I leaned in and kissed his perfect lips, holding his cheeks in my hands. 

He stretched his arms over his head, and then dragged his hands over his face. "You have no idea. I was in her department for a few months, several years back, and she is, forgive me, a bitch. She's good at what she does, but she has no idea how to be a team player. She's in charge, period." 

I grasped his wrists and brought his hands to my waist. Then I placed my hands on his shoulders, rubbing, kneading, squeezing down his arms then moving to his sides and rubbing up the sides of his torso. Finally, I kneaded at his chest while his head fell back. "I can help you with some stress relief if you'd like," I mumbled, leaning in to graze his ear with my lips. 

With a deep groan, I felt some of  his tension dissipate when my lips started kissing under his ear and down his neck. "I love how your body responds to me," I whispered. "I can feel all that stress loosening up and melting away." I sat back to pull the knot out of his tie and unbutton his shirt, and he watched my hands with quite a bit of interest. He sat forward enough for me to pull it all off, including his undershirt. I leaned in and just brushed my lips over his neck, his collarbone, his pecs. Then I sat back and started kneading again, shoulders, arms, chest. I slipped my hands to the back of his head and started massaging and scratching. 

"Oh, my god," he said in a sultry moan. "That feels so good." 

"That's the point," I mumbled next to his ear. 

I climbed off his lap and pulled him by the hand to his bedroom. I stood before him and tilted my head up, and he responded by bending down just enough to capture my lips with a powerful kiss. Strong and sweet at first, then lustful. His hands roamed down my back and to my backside, pulling me against his hips. "Mmm, I want you, Ellie."