Of course she wants Camille to be happy and snakes like Justin don't deserve to have her as a girlfriend, but if she believes he's the one for her then so be it. There's no use trying to help someone who doesn't see the problem right in front of their eyes.

Kenya ignores Mr.Bates beady eyes on her as she walks into class and sinks into her seat. Taking out her notebook she scribbles the date in the margin of her notebook as the rest of the class files in and takes their seats. She glances up at the clock and sighs knowing she has to listen to Mr. Bates throaty voice for the next hour and a half.

When lunch rolls around, Kenya finds herself sitting by herself. Simone decided to sit with Faith and Camille is under Justin's arm over at the boys table. She knows she looks pitiful sitting here by herself and looks around the cafeteria for someone to talk to but doesn't see anyone worth her time.

Pulling out her headphones, she plugs the cord into her phone and sticks them into her ears. Soon Erykah Badu's mellow voice fills her head as she scrolls through her Instagram feed, completely uninterested in the sloppy joe on her tray.

The presence of someone else makes her look up from her phone, just to see James standing in front of her table looking tacky as usual. Before he can make a stupid comment, Kenya holds up a finger to stop him. "Not today James, I'm not in the mood."

"I was just gonna say I like your overalls," He says.

Kenya looks down and admires her yellow crop top that she's paired with loose overalls and her black vans. "Um thanks," She replies, surprised that something stupid didn't come out his mouth.

"You're welcome," He smiles at her, "Did Bingo's farmer lend them to you?"

Rather than giving him the satisfaction of an answer, she looks back down at her phone and focuses back on the fashion page she was exploring. A moment passes by and she glances up again to see that James has made himself comfortable in the seat across from her. She takes one of her earbuds out and lowers her phone, "What are you doing?"

"Eating lunch," He takes a bite of his sloppy joe, a portion of the meat falls out and splatters on the plate.

Kenya makes a face at it, "I meant what are you doing sitting here?"

"Oh, are these seats occupied?" He teases before looking over his shoulder, "Camille's with her boyfriend and Simone is with Faith," He turns back towards her, "That's leaves you a sad party of uno."

"I like being alone, it gives me some time to think."

James only chuckles and takes another bite of his burger, "No one likes being alone Kenny."

She kicks him under the table, "Stop calling me that."

"Fine," He winces, reaching down to rub his sore shin. "What are you thinking about?"

Kenya looks up at him with an expressionless face, "I don't know anymore, you and your bright ass shirt distracted me. Seriously, do you own anything besides neon colors?" She eyes his bubble gum pink shirt with disdain.

"I like being seen," James pulls at his shirt proudly.

"Trust me, no one can miss you." Kenya replies.

At the table a few feet away from them, Justin stands and walks over to the garbage to throw out his trash. He peeks over at Kenya's table and chuckles before throwing an empty milk carton at James back. "Hey Pepto Bismal, got milk?"

James looks over his shoulder, "Actually I don't, remind me to get some from your mom later on."

The humor leaves Justin's face as he moves towards James, but Camille grabs his arm and pulls him back before he can get too close. "Don't risk getting suspended over him," She says.