Chapter twenty-two: apologetic letter

Heey guys! There's not many chapters left now. I hope you've been enjoying this story and that it reached your expectations! Have a nice read, and don't forget to vote and comment .xx * 

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

By the time Jungkook arrived home again and searched the apartment for his husband, he was nowhere to be found. All he found was a letter on the counter in the kitchen. It was written in Braille, but Jungkook managed to read it perfectly without the book now.

'To my dear Jungkookie,' it said on the top. The said male made sure to sit down in case something too shocking would be revealed that would cause him to pass out. Was he crazy? Did he just write a letter to his husband? Would it say further down he'd be gone for good? Such dangerous thoughts entered Jungkook's mind, and he decided to read further before jumping too far in his conclusions.

'I love you so dearly Jungkookie. I'm sorry I've been so bad at showing it lately. I've been so caught up with myself only, and I almost forgot you had feelings too, which was ridiculous of me to think. I'm so sorry; I hope you'll have the heart to forgive me one day.

'When you've found this letter, I've already gone. No, I'm not dead now. But I should explain the phone call before I can say anything else.

'The caller was my doctor who had analysed my eyes after the accident when we spent the time there. Also, all this time since we were released and until now, he's gone further into the analysing and trying to come with something to fix my eyes. The reason he called me was because he found exactly that. He found a way to give me a surgery on my eyes that will make me see again.

'Now this is not what I've been thinking about. It's about the risk; it has 20% risk of taking my life, whilst the remaining 80% is making me see again.

'You must be thinking I'm a jerk right now. I left without telling you. I made this decision without telling you. I'm really sorry Jungkookie. But I know you'd want me to not take the surgery, as it's too risky. I agree it's risky, but I can't live the rest of my life not seeing again. Not seeing you.

'I'll tell you I'm at the Seoul Hospital to get the operation, which my doctor said I could get immediately as I arrive, so hopefully I'll already be in the operation room before you arrive so you won't have time to yell at me for being stupid and a heartless jerk to you. That's why I'm writing this to you. An apologetic letter.

'I already said I'm sorry for being selfish lately. I really love you, but you already know that, don't you Jungkookie? You do know I love you with all of my heart? I know you've been reading what I've been writing and learned the Braille, and that's why I know you can read this without problems. But no, I'm not mad. Actually, I'm glad. It was a way for us to communicate, although you didn't know, and I didn't find out until a few days ago when you misplaced where I usually have my chair, and I knew you where there. Remember my senses are much greater than before and I'd know when someone's been moving my stuff.

'Thank you for everything Jeon Jungkook. Because of you, my life has been such a blessing. Sure, we've had our ups and downs, and at one point we almost separated, but I'm so glad we stuck with each other. I'm writing this just in case the 20% will end my life, and I didn't have the guts to tell you all this in person. You'd have the advantage after all, to force me to stay home and not taking this chance. I'm saying this just in case this will be my last words: I don't regret falling for you Jungkookie. I don't regret falling in love with you, and spending all our moments with each other. I don't regret telling you everything about me. I don't regret taking your virginity. I don't regret moving in with you. I don't regret marrying you. Nothing. I love you Jeon Jungkook. You'll always be my living beautiful art, and I'll always be yours.'