Chapter ten: back to work

Heey guys! I wasn't able to update earlier because I was busy all day and I wasn't even done with the chapter, but I managed to finish before I went to sleep, but I hope it's okay. Enjoy this update, and don't forget to vote & comment .xx 

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Jungkook silently woke up earlier without waking Taehyung to make breakfast for both males; he made sure he had time to eat before heading to work.

When he was done making the breakfast he put in Taehyung's food in the fridge with a big plastic bag around it so he'd know what to look for when he'd wake up as Jungkook told him yesterday night he'd wrap it. 

After Jungkook was done eating he headed out in the car whilst driving to his workplace that wasn't too far away and only took a couple of minutes. When he parked to the reserved parking number he finally arrived inside.

Some of his colleagues smiled in his direction with a friendly and polite smile. "Hello, how can I help you Mr?" the male said politely.

"Yes hello," he smiled back with a bow, "I'm Jeon Jungkook and I'm supposed to start working today on my first day."

The male's face lit up. "Oh nice to meet you Jeon Jungkook!" he grinned from ear to ear. "I heard about you from our boss and we're expecting you. I'm Park Chanyeol, I've worked here since it opened as the boss is my aunt."

"Nice to meet you Park Chanyeol," he smiled back, already starting to like his colleague.

Not long after Jungkook met up again with his boss, Mrs Ahn, Chanyeol started to show him around. It was much bigger than his previous job, and he was amazed at how different it was. It looked so much cleaner and happier than the last gangster dark place that looked like hell. I'm so glad I found this place, he smiled to himself. Chanyeol noticed his smile and chuckled at him. "You like it?" he asked.

"A lot," he grinned back.

When Chanyeol showed their resting room when they had their breaks and to eat and drink only, he started speaking up again. "How old are you by the way?"

"I'm twenty-four years old," Jungkook replied, "I turn twenty-five in about five months."

"I'm twenty-seven years old," Chanyeol smiled back.

As Jungkook was having much fun at his new job he enjoyed very much, Taehyung had finally woken up, although he didn't know what time it was.

"I should've asked Jungkookie to buy a clock that says the time out loud," he muttered as he stretched himself.

He rubbed his eyes, but it showed no affect of his sight, which only caused him to sigh. The male could tell if was way past morning as his husband wasn't sleeping next to him, and therefore he must've been at work.

Before he could think of anything, he heard his own stomach growl for food. "Yeah yeah," he mumbled to himself as he slowly got out of bed and headed towards the kitchen with his hands in front of him, feeling himself through 'the dark'. When his hands met what he was searching for in the fridge he smiled to himself whilst pulling it out and unwrapped it as he started eating the delicious food.

Taehyung chuckled to himself as his thoughts were wandering around his head in the middle of his meal. Before when they studied together, Jungkook could barely make noodles without burning them, but after they got together in their relationship Taehyung started to teach Jungkook more about cooking, especially when his previous job was very hectic at one point so he was barely home, and Jungkook had to make his own dinners, which he definitely didn't like.

He smiled proudly to himself.

When the male was done eating, he sat still in his chair of a couple of minutes. He wanted to do the dishes, but he was afraid he'd break them somehow; Jungkook had told him he's going to do the dishes from now on, especially until Taehyung gets used to his lost sight, but the elder still felt bad. What if he'd never get used to it? He didn't want to be a burden to the younger. Just because he lost his sight didn't mean he wasn't supposed to do chores as well in their home. They're even married, and married couples aren't supposed to make only one of them do everything.

Taehyung decided he'd try to do the dishes as he stood up with the plate and cutlery on top of it. He was sure there was no more food on the plate so he turned on the spring right away as he tried to wash off the remaining of crumbs. Taehyung reached for the dishwasher with his other hand and managed to open it, but that wasn't the hard part. When it was open, he was careful to try and put the plate and cutlery inside.

The plate successfully managed to be placed in the washer, and then the fork. When he carefully reached for the knife, he accidentally dropped it. Out of reaction, Taehyung moved his feet in a slight split, but that seemed like a mistake when he felt a small stabbing pain on his left foot that was close to the dishwasher. It wasn't too painful, and Taehyung thought it must've just hit his foot and nothing too serious.

The male quickly searched for the knife with his hand, then finally putting it in the dishwasher.

He didn't even notice how exhausted he felt when he had to use his hands on the counters to support his body with heavy breathes. Not being able to see is really exhausting, he thought to himself. But even though he felt tired, for the first time he felt joy and excitement. He was able to do something on his own. He was able to put, even just a slight, burden away from Jungkook.

"Hyung?" Taehyung turned around immediately in surprise. He was too in deep thoughts to even notice his husband had already arrived home again.

"Jungkookie!" Taehyung grinned. "Did you see? I was able to do the dishes!" he yelled happy with a big smile plastered on his face. "I can do them on my own n-"

"Taehyung," Jungkook interrupted, his voice too serious for the elder's liking, "y-you're bleeding."

Taehyung frowned. He wasn't in pain though? He didn't feel any pain on his skin to be able to bleed.

A flashback of the knife hitting his foot ran through his mind as his head automatically looked down. "Ah, my foot?" he asked. "I just accidentally dropped something, but I can't even feel it," he played it off, hoping for Jungkook not to overreact, but he did the exact opposite.

"And you think that's okay?" the younger growled. "Taehyungie, this is why I told you to not do the dishes! I told you I'd take care of it," he scolded, "why don't you listen to me? Is it that hard to just relax and recover?" Jungkook was glad Taehyung couldn't see at this point. He didn't witness Jungkook's silent tears and devastated eyes. "Can't you just let me do things for you?"

Taehyung stood completely still with his head down. Jungkook was about to approach him until he rose up his head again. "Can't you understand that it's not what I want? I hate being able to do nothing but being burden to you," Taehyung complained, which surprised Jungkook.

"Burden?" he asked astonished. "How are you a burden to me? Taehyungie," he started as he walked closer to hold the elder in his embrace, "you're my world. I'd do anything for you. I'll always be by your side. I'll always support you. I'll always help you when you need it. I love you too much than just watching aside, looking at you getting hurt."

Taehyung stood still. He wanted to cry so much. "This is not about that I don't want your help. This is not about that I don't trust you to help me. It's about me helping you Jungkook," he said, "I don't want to become a useless person that becomes dependent on other people and can't do anything on my own."

Jungkook sighed, letting go of Taehyung. He didn't want to argue anymore; he could clearly see the expression on the elder's. He could see he tried to hold back his frustrated tears. Without words, Jungkook grabbed his hand and led him to their sofa in the living room, making him sit down and wait until he grabbed the first aids kit whilst treating his wound on his foot.

Jungkook could clearly see the elder didn't react at all when the touched the wound, although he should at least be cringing or twitching. Had he gone through that much pain he didn't even notice this one?