Chapter 55: Don't Leave Me.

Can't believe you're, packing your bags
Trying so hard not to cry.
Had the best time, and now it's the worst time,
But we have to say goodbye.
Don't promise that you're gonna write,
Don't promise that you'll call,
Just promise that you won't forget we had it all.

Melanie's P.O.V:

Today is the day when I'm leaving for America, I still didn't inform my friends because I don't know what their reactions will be. I got so close to each one of them. I've given up on getting my memories back, because I know they won't come back. But I wish I can re-live all those moments spent with each one of them, again.

I hear a knock on my door when my mother steps in with tears in her eyes. I quickly get up from my bed, and pull her to sit with me, while she breaks into loud sobs.

"Mum, what's wrong?" I ask her, wiping away her tears. She doesn't answer, all I can hear is her whimpers and sobs.

"Mum-" before I can say anything, I notice a paper in her hands. My eyes squint in confusion, as I grab the paper from her hands.

"Your...your..Dad," these are the only words which come out from her mouth. My heart begins to beat fast, as I hear those words from her mouth. What could've happened to him? I look at her in confusion, when she points at the paper.

I look at the tear stained note, before reading what it says.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't do it anymore. I wasn't happy and I know neither were you or Mel. We barely talked to each other or spent time like a family. All these years have been hard for each one of us. I found someone else, and I want you to move on in your life too.

-Take care of yourself and Mel.

I fall on my knees when I re read the letter in my hands. How can he leave us like this? Tears begin to flow from my eyes, making my vision cloudy. I look up at my mother, who has her head in her hands with tears continuously escaping from her eyes. I quickly get up and wrap my arms around her thin body. My Dad broke my family, he ended everything. He ended the last hopes of this family. Why do people always leave me? Whenever I love someone, they just leave me and show me that I'm not worthy of all of the love. They show me where I belong.

"I'm sorry," I whisper as she whimpers in my arms. I kiss her forehead, when I see my sister standing on my doorway, with a confused look all over her face. She quickly rushes inside and bends down in front of Mum and I.

"Why are you both crying?" She asks in a worried voice. She rubs my back, trying to calm me. I quickly get up and wrap my arms around her. After that accident, I never got the chance to meet my sister again. She pulls back and wipes away my tears, turning towards Mum.

"What's wrong? You both are scaring me." She says, with a frown on her face. I hand her the letter from my father which she starts reading with her expressions changing from confused to shocked. She gasps and looks up at my mother, quickly pulling her in a hug.

The sound of my mother's sobs and whimpers is making me sick. I can't stay here anymore and watch her get tortured. I pick up the car keys of my car (my sister's old car), which I got gifted after her wedding, and storm outside my house.

I wipe away the tears and put the keys in the ignition, starting it. My phone blinks and I receive a text from Waliyha.

From Wal:
Going to El's place. You wanna come?

Keeping my phone on a side, I drive my car to Eleanor's house. I want to divert my attention to somewhere else. I still have time in my flight, so I can at least say, Good bye to all of them. I pull my car beside Eleanor's car, and see Louis' car there as well. Maybe Lottie is also here.