Chapter 6: Embarrassment.

Louis' P.O.V:

Melanie seems to panick as she continues to ramble nonstop, and scold me, making me chuckle at her cute state. She seems too lost in my injury, that she doesn't even notice how close our bodies are getting. Suddenly I move my hand towards her face and push a strand of hair behind her ears, making her look up at me as our gazes meet. Although she is messed up in egg yolk right now, but that couldn't stop me from leaning closer to kiss her.

Our faces are only inches apart with our eyes locked with each other. She doesn't seem to do any kind of movement as she quietly stares up at me. My lips are about to touch hers when I hear someone yell, catching our attention and making us drift apart quickly.

"Oh my God! What happened to you Louis?" Lottie's yelling is heard as she rushes towards us with a worried look on her face which soon changes when she notices Melanie and I were about to kiss.

Seriously Lottie? You had to come now? When I was about to kiss her?

"Um, what was happening over here?" She askes us squinting her eyes in confusion, as she walks closer to us, making Melanie and I quickly get up from the ground and stare at her quietly.

I have no idea what to say, neither does Melanie, because we keep on staring at Lottie cluelessly.

"Um, nothing, I-uh-I just got my forehead hurt." I stutter, rubbing the back of my neck nervously, catching a glimpse of Melanie who's face is now facing the ground, biting her lips in nervousness as well.

"Yeah, I can see, but what was happening after that, which I interrupted?" She says with a tone of sass in her voice, as she exchanges her glances between Melanie and I.

At first you come ruining our moment and then you ask us what was happening after that? At least you should have let me kiss her, then I would have told you, what was happening after that!

"Nothing, Melanie was just, um, helping me out?" I say which comes out as a question, making Lottie raise her eyebrow at me with a smirk taking over her face, mumbling a sarcastic, "Oh, I see.", under her breathe.

I bite my lips and lower my head, staring at the ground below when Melanie gets my attention and I stare at her from the corner of my eyes, finding her cheeks redening, as she blushes way hard, bringing a smile on my face.

"Eeeew, Melanie, what happened to you?" Lottie gags at Melanie, looking at her condition. Her hair messy and clothes soaked in egg yolk, with a drained off look on her face from all the running.

"Melanie?" Lottie calls out for Melanie again, but Melanie seems too zoned out to notice her.

"Earth to Melanie!"

"MELANIE!" Lottie walks closer to her, yelling in her ear causing her to flinch and take a step back from Lottie, placing her hand on her ear.

"Jesus! There was no need to yell in my ear." Melanie exclaims, rubbing her ear, glaring at Lottie causing her to chuckle.

"Back to reality?" Lottie asks her, making her groan and nod, still passing her glares.

"Why did you two end up here? You could've chosen a better place to kiss." Lottie casually shrugs her shoulders, with a smirk lingering on her lips, causing Melanie to choke with wide eyes.

"We weren't um, we weren't kissing." Melanie says, fiddling with her fingers, causing Lottie to laugh at her.

"I saw you two staring at each other like Romeo and Juliet, about to eat each other's faces any moment." Lottie blurts out, making me clear my throat uncomfortably.