Chapter 39: Goodmorning Sunshine.

Melanie's P.O.V:

I shift my gaze from the ceiling above, and glance at my alarm ringing on the side. I shut it off and check the time, it says seven in the morning. I have been up for the whole night, there wasn't even a minute when I drifted off to sleep. The thoughts in my head, the loud noises of my Mum and Dad yelling and breaking things, all of these things kept me awake the whole night. My eyes are burning because of not sleeping and crying the whole time. I get up from my bed and try to stand when the giddiness makes me sit back on the bed. My head hurts like hell, my eyes are burning and I feel lightheaded. I grab the glass of water from the side table and drink some water to calm myself, again standing up. I head to the toilet and after taking a shower, I feel better than before, and stare at myself in the mirror. I look like a mess, eyes swollen, bags under them, and blood shot. I sigh and walk out of the toilet, heading towards my wardrobe to choose an outfit for today and end up wearing a long white tee, with maroon cardigan and pants. I decide to put some makeup on me and look a less mess, but my giddiness wasn't letting me, so I quickly apply some light lipgloss and wear my hair in a bun, as I have no energy to tie my hair into a pony or braid. I walk back to my bed and check my phone, receiving a text from Louis.

From Louis:
Good morning, sunshine :) xx

I keep re reading his text again and again, thinking about my selfishness. This person tries his best to make me happy and feel good, he has liked me for three years, but I? I'm a person who keeps on thinking about someone else the whole time. I wanted to be in someone else's arms, wanted to feel someone else's lips on mine. If it's not being selfish, then what it is?

I reply to Louis' text and later receive a call from him.

"Hey, babe. I hope you slept well?" I hear his joyful voice.

"Yeah, I did." I lie because I don't want him to get worried, this guy takes care of me a lot.

"Um.. I was thinking to pick you up for school?" He asks, and I chuckle, agreeing. Today is the day when Zayn will come back to school. His suspension is ending today. I'm not ready to see him again. At least not yet.

"I'll be there in ten minutes," he says and I end the call after agreeing.

I walk downstairs and meet my mum in the kitchen, while drinking some water.

"Breakfast is ready," she informs, after turning around and I meet the same swollen and red eyes as mine. I walk towards her and wrap my arms around her.

"I'm sorry," I say, while resting my head on her shoulder and she rubs my back, kissing me on the cheek.

"It's not your fault, Mel. You don't have to be sorry for what your father does." She says, still rubbing my back and I feel like crying. I try my hardest to control my tears because I don't want to cry in front of her, if I do so, I'll get to see her cry again and it hurts to see her like this, always in pain. It's impossible to believe that two people who used to love each other endlessly, can hurt each other too. She pulls back from the hug and kisses me on the forehead, noticing my eyes and a frown finds it's way on her face.

"What happened to you? Were you crying all night? Is it because of your father?" She says, worrying and tears begin to fill her pretty eyes when I place my hands on her cheeks and look at her.

"Nothing happened to me, I'm just tired." I lie and notice the look on her face, not believing any word I said. It is the thing about mothers, I guess that they can catch you whenever you're lying. She again asks me about what happened, but I again lie on her face, pulling a fake smile and assuring her that everything is fine. Still she doesn't seem to believe me, and I shrug it off, not dragging it anymore.