Chapter 31 - Controlling Managers

Start from the beginning

"I was drunk then!" I say, rasing my voice slightly but not too loud so Tessa doesn't wake up.

"That's not an excuse." Karla shouts, waking up Tessa.

"Why in the hell are you shouting at..." Tessa trails off and looks at the clock. "7 in the morning..." She moans and drops her head down on my chest as she clutches the material of my shirt.

"Tess. Get up." Karla sighs before she walks away.

"Fuck off." Tessa moans.

She lets out a sigh and sit up, with her legs on each side of mine. Her eyes were still half closed as she takes the hair tie from her wrist and ties her hair up.

She drops her arms and wipes her eyes before she opens them and yawns. She snaps her mouth shut quickly when she see's me under her. Her eyes widen and she quickly jumps off me.

"Why...w-why...Urm...D-did we sleep together last night?" Tessa stutters nervously.

"I..uhr can't remember." I say as I rub the back of my neck. Tessa swallows hard and looks around the room nervously. She looks at anything but me.

"I should...uhrm..I need a shower." She makes up an excuse quickly and leaves the room without looking back.

Karla's right, Tessa's going to keep her distance.

Tessa's P.O.V:
"Is that..." Karla trails off when we hear shouting coming from outside of my room. Chris looks up from his papers and looks at me.

"Marshall and Paul." I say quietly. Karla shrugs and goes back to painting her nails as I sit down next to her and look through my mail. When did Paul get here anyway?

"Aren't you gonna go check that out." Chris says after a while when the shouting starts again.

"I think it's best if I stay out of this." I shrug and lay down on the bed.

Something's going on between Karla and Chris and I want to find out what it is. Usually they're joking about or making out but this time they're not talking to eachother. Not even looking at eachother.

"What have you guys been up to whilst I was away." I say.

"Nothing." They both mumble. I sigh and look at Chris and Karla so they can look at me. But they don't. They're avoiding eye contact.

"I'm trying to work, Tess." Chris says. I turn to Karla who glances at me and then looks down quickly. She knows that I know somethings wrong.

"Let me do my nails." Karla mumbles. I roll off my bed and sigh as I look for my slippers.

"I need to start on lunch." I state. "You guys gonna eat here?" I ask. Just then both of their pagers go off making me roll my eyes.

"Mm..911 at the hospital." Chris says as he gets up quickly and grabs his jacket.

"Can't stay for lunch. Emergency at the hospital." Karla says.

This always happens.

We make our way downstairs and into the living room. Karla and Chris grab their belongings and give me a quick hug before they walk out towards their car.

"Text me when you get home!" I say as they both get into their car.

"Okay." Karla shouts before they drive away quickly.

Sighing, I walk back in and close the door behind me. I walk into the kitchen and start on lunch. Marshall and Paul were still arguing upstairs. By the sounds of it, Marshall wasn't happy with his manager. Neither was I with mine.