Ch:28-Misunderstandings

Start from the beginning

"Mam can I tell you something?" I looked back at the salesman. He had a huge crooked smile on his face, trying to make himself look even smarter and flirtatious. "You are very pretty." My eyes dilated instantly after what he said. I just hoped that Abrar didn't hear this. I still remembered what he did to Ayan Khan, who was my wedding planner. I quickly got the bracelet off and as I was about to turn, the salesman spoke again. "I don't think I have seen a much more prettier women than you before." This time his voice husky and he bended towards me a little. I didn't know how loud my heart was beating then, it felt like it's going to leap out of my chest. I was so scared for him. As I moved back he winked at me and I thought I was about to faint. I didn't dare look at Abrar. I quickly went to mom and sat between him and mom. What type of flirting was this? I was really angry at the fact that he winked at me and was trying to get close. Mom started trying some necklaces on me and I just sat there silently. Not looking in any directions except for the mirror in front of me.

I wanted to look at Abrar but didn't find the courage to. Then I felt Abrar getting off his chair and I instantly looked up at him. Mom looked at him too.

"I need to make a phone call. I will be right back." He replied. I looked outside and saw that salesman going out too. The salesman was then out of sight but Abrar stayed out of the showroom. He was talking to someone on the phone. He then came back and sat beside me. I looked at him and our eyes met. His expression was blank. We didn't move our eyes from each other until mom called Abrar.

"This looks best. Right Abrar?" She said holding the necklace against my neck.

"Hmm.." he nodded.

"Then we are done." Mom announced. The salesmen then packed the boxes and one of them made the bill. As they kept the bill in front of Abrar, he got his check book out and signed it, writing the amount.

"Mom are we going home now?" He asked giving the check.

"Sadia do you you have to shop anything else."

I shook my head in a no, as she asked me.

"Okay then let's go home." Mom said.

Abrar and I walked side by side while mom was in front of us. Whenever he was beside me, I seemed to forget everything. I felt good and protected. Then I was again reminding myself that I shouldn't have any feelings like that. He shouldn't matter to me because at the end I will be the one who will be hurt and Abrar proved this successfully.

"Oh Abrar, I have to go up I gave some dresses to modify, they will be giving it today. I will just grab them and then we will head to home." Mom said.

"As you wish. Do you need any payment?" He asked.

"No I have my credit card."

"Okay then."

"You guys wait here okay. I will be right back." Then I was left to stand alone with Abrar there. Mom then went upstairs and I looked around thinking what I should do.

Then as I saw a cafeteria near me I went there and ordered a strawberry milkshake for me, Abrar came behind me and was about bring out his wallet but I stopped him showing him my hand.

"I know I don't earn as much as you, but I can at least pay for a drink for myself." I told him and he raised his hand, signing me to pay. I got my wallet out and gave the shopkeeper a 500 note. He returned me 250 and I got my strawberry milk shake. I felt proud that I bought it with my own money though I had a walking bank with me.

I looked at him and then took a seat and he took the seat opposite me. He leaned on the chair and stretched his leg, while I just sat occupying as much less space as I could. I took a sip and relaxed as the cold milkshake went down my throat.