His clothes were filthy and covered in holes. The man was inhaling a cigar that blew tuffs of smoke through the cold air. A group of people walked past him, not giving him glance as if the man were invisible. Some part of him felt sympathy for the stranger. Jason shivered and fumbled in his pockets to keep his hands warm. A sheet of paper found his fingers and he took it out to find that it was a five dollar bill. Jason walked over to the man,glancing left and right.

"Here, take this," Jason said, handing him the strip of money in his hand.

The man grinned,revealing scarily any teeth. His yellow teeth shimmered in the light and Jason bit back a shiver of disgust. Beanie-hat guy bent his head and started to chuckle. The brief sounds of laughter turned to hysterical giggles and Jason widened his eyes in fear. This was a first time he been  near someone crazy before, so this was a big moment for him. See,this was why people don't go over to strangers. 

"Um,sir are you okay?" Jason asked, worried for his own sake.

"He called me sir," The man hiccuped, talking to no one particular. "Why you giving a stranger your money? Are you an idiot like your dad thinks you are?"

Jason tensed.

"I thought you would need it," Then,he frowned. "Wait,how do you know my father? Did he do something to you?"

One of the first rules they taught him in Kindergarten was not to talk to strangers. Jason knew he should have kept his mouth shut. The weird guy with the beanie was just trying to mess with him. He blamed it on the awful stench that covered the man. 

"Your dad's done something bad to anyone he walks past. He's like a black cat, crossing everyone's lane." He growled, still smiling. "And you, you look exactly like him Jason Grace."

"How do you know my name?" Jason stuttered and backed one foot away. "I mean, not that it's my name or anything."

"Jason..Jason..Jason," He started to hum a tune. "Jason..Jason..Jason...I'm coming for you."

Beanie-hat guy started to laugh again as Jason's eyebrows creased. 

"If you know what's good for you, I suggest not to walk into that hotel." He smiled. "Your a good kid but you got nothing good going for you."

"That makes no sense. I mean, I'd understand if I was some kind of criminal then yeah, police officers throw me to jail but if I am good, shouldn't I be fine? Besides, what's the harm in going to a perfectly, large hotel in uptown Las Vegas home of burglars and homeless people-no offense-and surrounded by strangers that could walk in and steal me any minute? Not that I'm foreshadowing any event in my life since I can't tell the future." Jason said,mockingly. "Besides, I'm technically almost a grownup so don't need someone to tell me what to do."

The man wrinkled his nose, "You talk to much."

Jason nodded his head. "I do that when I get worried." 

He wanted to slam his head for responding back.

Jason frowened. "Wait, why am I even talking to you! I'm sorry. Here, just take my money."

"What do you want back?" He sniffed the dollar bill as soon as he took it.

"Nothing, just don't bother me." Jason answered and stalked off.

He glanced away from the man, pushing the thoughts away and walked in the direction of the front lobby. Jason had enough of all of this and tried to get the weird hobo out of his thoughts. His pupils fixated on a line filled with students from his school. There was a man in the front examining his check-board filled with a list of people's names. He shuffled his feet to the back of the line where a group of girls giggled in front of him.