Chapter 8: " never grow up"

I woke up to hear mommy singing.

"Your little hands wrapped around my finger and it's so quiet in the world tonight your little eyelids flutter course your dreaming. So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light. To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret. I'd give all I have honey, if you could stay like that."

I went downstairs and started to sing the chorus with mommy.

"Oh darling don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up."

Mommy turned around and saw me. She smiled.

"Just stay this little. Oh darling don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up. It could stay this simple. I won't let anybody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart. No one will dessert you. Just try to never grow up. Never grow up. "

Mommy kneeled down infront of me. "You are too cute! Just try to never grow up, ok?"

"Ok! I'll try to stay this little." I giggled.

I hugged mommy. She gives really good hugs.

"Where's daddy?"

"He had to go to work."

"But he needs to paint my room!" I said madly.

"Honey, he will! He'll be back tonight and we'll do your room then. Is that ok?"

I nodded my head yes. I don't want my new daddy to ever leave me. I don't like him going to work. He needs to stay home with me and mommy! But mommy did say that he will be back tonight. I hope she's right. I really miss him!

"Do you want to go to a park today princess?" Mommy asked.

Why did she call me princess? Only daddy can call me that!!!

"Only daddy is allowed to call me princess!" I said.

"Fine. But do you want to go to a park?"

"Yes!!!!" I screamed.

Mommy handed me a plate with French toast sticks on it. I ate them very fast.

"Mommy, can you pick out my outfit?"

"Of corse!!"

We went upstairs into my bedroom and mommy went into my closet. I sat on my bed. Mommy came out of my closet with jean shorts, a blue tank top, and my blue sandles. I got undressed and put my clothes on. Mommy brushed my hair and put it up into a high ponytail with a blue hair tie. Then I went into my bathroom and mommy helped me brush my teeth.

"Do you want to walk or drive to the park??" Mommy asked.

"Walk!!" I said.

I only want to walk because me and my mommy that's in heaven now, always walked to the park. We never drove. Mommy grabbed my hand and we walked out of the house. I don't see any of those question people or camera people. That's a good sign. The park isn't very far away. Once we get to the park, I go over to the swings.

"Push me!" I yelled.

I got on the big girl swing. They do scare me, but I don't want mommy to think that I'm a baby. Or anybody else in the park. Mommy ran over and started pushing me. She isn't pushing me too high like my old daddy used to. She isn't pushing me to low either. It's just right. I stayed on the swing for what seemed like forever.

"My arms are getting tired baby." Mommy said.

She can't call me baby either! Only my real mommy can call me that!!

"You can't call me baby! Only my real mommy can! You can only call me honey or sweetie!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry honey." Mommy whispered.

Once the swing stopped, I got off.

"I want to slide!"

I ran over to the biggest slide in the park. I climbed up the ladder and sat down. I looked over the edge of the slide. It's so high!!

"Mommy!" I cried. "I'm scared!"

"Honey, just slide. I'll catch you. I promise!!" Mommy yelled.

I let go of the sides. I closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I felt 2 arms around me. I opened my eyes to see mommy holding me.

"Again!"

I wiggled free of mommy arms and climbed back up the ladder.

"Catch me!!" I yelled as I went down.

This time I didn't close my eyes. Mommy set me down and i went to go climb up the ladder again.

"Don't catch me!" I yelled.

I'm going to try to be brave. Mommy would want me to try to be brave. I let go of the sides and slid. Mommy has her phone out recording me. I smiled.

"I want to go down the pole thing now!"

I ran over to the steps and went up.

"Addie! Wait for me so you don't get hurt!" Mommy yelled.

"No, I can do it by myself!"

I grabbed onto the pole and tried to wrap my legs around it. But I fell. Everything went black.

~Taylor's POV~

"Addie! Wait for me so you don't get hurt!" I yelled.

"No, I can do it by myself!" She yelled back.

Before I could tell her to wait again, she grabbed onto the pole and tried to wrap her legs around it. But she fell.

"Addie!"

I ran over to her. She's unconscious! I tried to find a pulse. I found one but it's very faint. At least she's breathing. I called 911.

"Hello, 911 do you need fire, police, or ambulance?" The dispatcher asked.

"Ambulance!" I screamed into the phone.

"Calm down and tell me where you are and what happened."

"I'm at Rhode Park with my 4 year old daughter and she fell off of the pole slide thingy and now she's unconscious!"

"What's her full name?"

"Addison Olivia Swift. "

"Ok, an ambulance should be there shortly."