Leaving the Maze

5 days goes by, my Devils waterfall ended four days ago, and almost every word was done. Everyone was helping finish the last one. We all had bags packed. We had a dog carrier made, since we were going to take Posey with us. It had a long strap so I could wear it across my body. We've also made a proper collar and leash for him out of leather. We decided to only take three duffel bags. One's for extra things of the boys', one's Teresa's and one's mine. I pack girl essentials in it; birth control, tampons and pads brush, etc. We shove as much product as physically possible in the bags. Thomas volunteered to carry the bag for me, since I had the dog. Thomas bursts in the door.

"We're getting out of the maze!" He yells.

"You got the last one?!" He smiles and nods. I squeal and jump into his arms. I get into good running clothes. Everyone loads up, grabbing a weapon. We get to the entrance of the maze. Then - about 10 boys back out.

"Guys. We're getting out today," Thomas says. "We're either getting out of here - or we die trying. Now - Let's go!" Thomas screams the last part. We run into the maze. I keep Chuckclose. I have him a long spear. He needed defense, but I wasn't letting him get close. We get in sight of the door, but there's a griever in the way. We hide behind a wall. Chuck grips my hand. I bring him over to Newt and Teresa.

"Okay. You three have to go out the code in," I whisper. They nod, "Get there fast. We'll fight them off so you can get there," They nod. I give Tom the signal and we charge. The Grover attacks. Boys fight - some losing.

"There's not a spot for the last word!" Newt yells.

"Syd! Help them!" Thomas yells. I run to the key pad.

"Um...okay, okay. Float, catch, bleed, death, stiff, push. All of them have 5 letters but Push. Does that have anything to do with it?" I mumble.

"Push...push.. Push!" Chuck says. Then, he pushes the panel in. The door goes back.

"Guys! It's open!" I yell. I get everyone through, then me and Tom go through last. We walk into a huge building. It looked like it had been ransacked. Crooked floorboards, broken glass, shattered screens, etc. We walk into a room, full of old screens and computer panels. I recognize it from all my flashback dreams. Tom hits a couple buttons. A women with a tight bun, wearing a white suit appears on one of the only screens left functioning.

"I am Dr. Ava Paige," She says. "I'm Director of Operations of the World in Catastrophe Killzone Experimental Department. If you're watching this, that means you have successfully completed the Maze Trials. I'm sure by now, you must all be very confused, angry, frightened.I wish I could be there in person to congratulate you... but circumstances seem to have prevented it. I can only assure you, that everything we've done to you... it was all done for a reason.

"You won't remember... but the Sun has scorched our world. Billions of lives lost to fire and suffering. The fallout was unimaginable. What came after was worse. A deadly virus that attacks the brain. It is violent, unpredictable... incurable. We called it the Flare. In time, a new generation emerged that could survive the virus. That was you.

"Suddenly, there was a reason to hope for a cure. But finding it would not be easy.The young would have to be tested, even sacrificed...inside harsh environments... where their brain activity could be tested. Unfortunately, your trials have only just begun. As you will soon discover, not everyone agrees with our methods. Progress is slow, people are scared. It may be too late for us... for me... but not for you. The outside world awaits. Remember... WICKED is good,"

We all stand, scared, not knowing what to do. Suddenly - Gally walks in. He had a gun.

"Gally. No..." I whimper. He almost killed me with just his hands, and now he had a weapon.

"We can't be here. We have to go home," Gally says.

"Gally - we escaped, we're going home. Where we belong," Thomas says.

"I belong to the maze. And I don't want to do this - but they got inside my head. They're making me," He sobs. He raise the gun and points it at Tom.

"No..." I whisper.

"I'm sorry," He says. He shoots, only as fast as Minho can throw a knife. Gally collapses onto his knees.

"Thomas..." Chuck gasps out. He was in front of him. He was bleeding. He took the bullet. He falls on to the ground. I start sobbing. Tom and I kneel next to him. I place my hands over his wound.

"No, No, I can fix it... I'll heal it..." I whimper. Tom sobs into him. I take off my backpack. Chuck hands his carving to Thomas.

"No, No, we're getting you out of here!" He says. He places the blood-covered peice of wood in his hands.

"Chucky. Chucky stay with me!" I cry. I get out gauze, pressing it against him.

"Oh God, did it hit your heart...?" I cry. He gripped my hand so tightly before he goes limp.

"God Dammit!" Thomas sobs. I sob over his body. Not Chuck - anyone but Chucky. Tom get mad. Really mad. He gets up and starts beating Gally, repeatedly punching him in the face. Then, a bunch of soldier-type people swarm into us, and drag all of us, into a helicopter. They left Chuck's body on the ground. And I sat there in the flying vehicle, sobbing my heart out as unknown people took us to an unknown destination.