They're Not Back Yet

I get my food and sit next to Newt, Tom on the other side of me.

"Where's Alby?" I ask.

"Th-They're not back yet,"

"They're not back yet?"

"They'll make it. They know what they're doing," It starts raining and everyone gets under canopies and into buildings. No one takes their eyes off the doors. Tom grabs my hand. I take his arm and wrap it around my shoulders, keeping our finger interlocked. He presses his lips against my temple.

"What happens if they don't make it?" He asks.

"They're gonna make it," Newt says. The rain let's up and everyone gathers by the doors, painstaking waiting for them to come. That evil gust of wind makes everyone shield their eyes.

"No..." I whisper.

"Wait. There!" Thomas says. Minho and Alby.

"Somethings wrong," Newt says. I look closer. He was carrying Alby on his back. Everyone starts cheering for them. He drops Alby and starts dragging him as the doors near each other.

"They're not gonna make it," I say.

"Minho you got to leave him!" Gally shouts. Thomas stares, before he starts running.

"No!" I scream. I run after him, Newt tries to grab me, but I keep going after Thomas, both of us landing in the maze as the door latch.

"Congrats, shuckfaces. You just killed yourselves,"

"Wh-What?" Thomas says.

"Tom, no ones ever survived a night in the maze," I whisper.

"What happened to him?"

"What does it look like, shank? He got stung," Minho says.

"Why's his head bleeding?"

"I did what I had to do,"

"W-We gotta hide him. We can't let a griever get him,"

"Where are we gonna hide him? Look around Thomas!" Minho shouts. "Syd, you knew better than to chase us! Everyone out there needs you! What do you think Chucks gonna do without you two, huh? You two shuckfaces just made the worst decision of your life. And your last," I look down.

"We got to hide Alby," I whisper.

"Minho, there's no where we can go?" Tom asks. He grabs his shirt and pushes him into the wall.

"Look around, shank! We are we gonna go?"

"Minho!" I scream. He lets go and backs up. I always scared him.

"The ivy..." Tom says. "We hide him in the ivy!" I nod and we start tying up Alby. We hoist him up into the plants, all pulling on our vine. I hear noises. Griever noises.

"What's that?" Tom asks, rather loud.

"Shut up!" I hush. Minho let's go and runs, leaving me and Tom to slip. We find a gap under the wall and get under it. I was laying closest to the opening, Tom behind me. He wraps his arms around me and helps me hold the vine steady. I hear the mechanical sounds and screeches of a griever and watch as it walks by us. I hold my breath as I feel Thomas' on the back of my neck. When it becomes silent, we climb out. Thomas finds a really strong vine and we tie the one holding Alby up to it. Then. I feel it. Griever goo. I look up to see one right one top of us. I grab Thomas' hand and start pulling him while I break into a sprint. It jumps down and starts to chase us. He runs beside me. I know he can go faster. He's staying behind for me. I push all my power into my legs as the griever continues to chase us, cutting off different paths we could've taken. We get to a dead end.