The Pit

Tom places a kiss on my head before pulling away.

"No," I say, pulling him back. He laughs.

"We'll have plenty of time to cuddle in the pit. Let's go do something," he says. We go and get Posey back from Newt. We take him on a walk around the glade.

"What do you think we should rename him?" I ask.

"I don't know. I like Chucks idea of tying it to the glade,"

"Yeah but you want to name our dog after hell?" He laughs.

"The glades not so bad. And who knows what's out there,"

"True. But the box hasn't gone back down. How long do we survive with out the supplies?"

"Hey. I think we've got a good system. We let the animals we have in pairs breed and get more meat - we use the seeds from the fruits and vegetables to grow more-"

"And what about things we can't grow?" I ask.

"Like what?"

"Like birth control, condoms, tampons, toilet paper, paper, pencil,-"

"Well we can survive without paper and pencil. Well act like cavemen and use leafs for toilet paper, and condoms and birth control aren't going to be needed. I mean we want to continue the human race, right. You'll have to give birth to some kids. So will Teresa. So like, the human race here doesn't die out,"

"And tampons?"

"No guys gonna make fun of you have a blood stain,"

"Really? I leaked once. I was made fun of for over a week until I punched one and they shut up,"

"Then they're all uneducated douche bags,"

"But. When you were talking about reproducing... and me getting pregnant. Does that mean you would want to have a kid with me one day?"

"Well yeah. Not right now. But one day," I smile and kiss his cheek.

"How did we get from naming a dog to talk about children?" I say, with a small laugh.

"I don't know, but I want to talk about the dog again,"

"So his name. What if we named him after a glader?"

"Which one?"

"Well. Alby's the leader. What about Alby?"

"Eh. I don't like it,"

"Hm. What abou-" the lunch bell rings. We go and get our food and start eating. Newt runs up to me. Two syringes in his hand.

"Is that what I think it is?" I ask. Griever medicine. We ran out before Alby was stung.

"Yeah. Griever medicine. It came up with Teresa!" I grab one and sprint to the medstand. Newt and Thomas close behind. Thomas goes over to Alby as I grab some disinfectant. He watches over him until Alby jerks awake.

"It's your fault, Thomas, it's your fault!" He screams, pulling on Thomas' shirt. I stab the syringe into his chest. He calms down and falls into a deep sleep everyone went through after the medicine. Tom backs up, pretty surprised.

"Someone get Clint. He's on Alby duty until I get out of the pit," I say. Newt nods and runs to get him. I pull the sheet up under Alby's shoulders. I felt bad for him. Seeing the guy I always called on for help at his weakest state. I walk over to Thomas and grab his hand. He tangles our fingers together and kisses the side of my head. Clint shows up and we go to finish our lunch. Then Gally shows up and tells us it's time. We turn in our trays and Thomas jumps down when Gally opens the door. I move to sit down before jumping in, but Gally just shoves me. I hit my head against the wall. He doesn't say anything, just locks the door and walks away.