I Want To Talk To You About Something

I wake at sun rise, with Syd still cuddled into me. I place a kiss on her head, which wakes her. She makes a small humming noise before lifting her head from my chest, eyes lazily open.

"Morning, baby," she whispers, propping herself up on her hands. I sit up next to her and wrap and arm around her shoulders.

"Good morning," I say, leaning my head into hers. Her hand goes up to her forehead as she hunches over, coming out of my hug.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I just have a killer headache," she mumbles, gently rubbing her skull. I kiss the side of her head.

"I'm sorry,"

"It's fine. Minho will be here in a second to get us out," she says, standing up, but bending over. She stretches her back out before sitting back down. I gently rub circle in her back as she leans against me.

"Tom. I want to talk to you about something," she whispers.

"What is it?"

"Well, last night-"

"Ready you two?" Minho asks, coming up to the cage.

"Shuck yeah, get us out of here," Syd says. He laughs and unties the leather strap that holds it closed. I give Syd a small boost and when she's up, she holds her hand out for me, helping me get out.

"Well. Come with me. We're going to the mapping room," Minho says.

"Wait. We're stopping by the medstand first," Syd says, "I need some pain killers," we follow her to medstand and she dry-swallows a couple pills.

"Let's get this training over with," she says, walking to the mapping room.

"Training? No. You're both trained enough, we're just getting you your supples," Minho picks up into a jog toward the mysterious building no one but a runner had been in. Syd keeps walking, so I wrap my arm around her and walk with her. She lays her head against me as she keeps the slow pace.

"Hurry up you two!" Minho yells over his shoulder.

"Come on, Syd," I say untangling my arm and starting to jog. She groans and starts jogging, too. We walk into the building and he opens up a trunk. He hands me a leather harness-type thing that has a space for a water bottle in the back. He also hands me a holster and a knife to go in it. I put them both on as he gives similar items to Syd. They don't fit right, considering the fact the we're supposed to fit guys chest tightly, and her chest wasn't exactly shaped the same as the last runner who had this. She groans.

"You know what? I'll sew a backpack out of extra fabric and leather. I'm not going into the maze anyway. I've got Alby duty," Minho nods and starts gathering his own supplies. She comes up to me and places her hand on my chest.

"It's a good look for you, Tom," she says. I smile.

"You two need a minute?" Minho says. She rolls her eyes.

"Jealous Minho?" She taunts.

"No. I just don't want to see you two make out then have sex,"

"We didn't even kiss and the sex thing? Is that jealousy? Sounds like it,"

"Oh shut up, Sydney. You think I care? The break up was mutual,"

"I know. I just came up with the idea," she says. He scoffs.

"I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous of that shank?"

"He's not a shank, you shuckface!"