It's a ... Girl

I run out to the box as Newt jumps down.

"What do you see Newt?" I call.

"It's a ... Girl," with that, I push my way to the front, with Thomas following behind me.

"I think she's dead..." He whispers.

"What's that in her hand?" Frypan asks. Newt grab the paper out of it and unfold it.

"She's the last one. Ever," he reads. She jerks awake.

"Thomas!" She gasps before passing out again. Everyone looks to him.

"Jeff. Clint. Help me get her to the medstand," I say, jumping down into the box. Me and Newt hand her up to Jeff and Clint as the start carrying her to the medstand. Thomas helps me out of the box while Frypan helps Newt. I drag Thomas to the medstand.

"You know her?" I ask, while we walk over to it.

"I don't think so. I can't remember,"

"Thomas. I didn't want to start anything, but you've been mumbling things in your sleep. 'Wicked is good,' And occasionally 'Teresa,' if you can remember. Tell me,"

"Okay. I've had dreams. But I didn't think they were memories. I saw a face and it was her face,"

"Okay. You know those words printed on the maze walls?"

"Yeah,"

"They say 'World in catastrophe killzone experimental department,'. Take the first letter of each word, Tom,"

"Wicked,"

"Wicked is good,"

"I don't know what's happening. If I get more dreams - more memories. I'll tell you," I take his arm and wrap it around my shoulders as we arrive at the medstand.

"Alright, I've already got a theory," I say as Newt arrives.

"What?"

"Alright. So we all just woke up in the box with no memory, right?"

"Yeah,"

"So that has to be part of the process where the creators take our memories. We have to be asleep or unconscious for a bit while it takes effect. Maybe what ever they do had a later effect on her. Maybe she had her memories when the box opened. Maybe she's losing them now," I say.

"That could be right. It probably is right. How are you this smart?"

"It's just a theory. If I'm right, she should wake up soon, right?"

"I guess. How long are we in the box until it starts moving?"

"No one knows,"

"Jeff. You stay here and keep an eye on her around the clock. I'll bring you all your meals," I say. He nods. It was dinner time, and I was starving.

"Now. I'm going to go get some of Frypans pork before I resort to eating a glader," I say, starting to walk away.

"Wait. Your not going to give her any food. For over 10 hours and trap me in a small cage with her. Do you want me to die?" Thomas says. I laugh.

"I won't eat you, Tom," I say.

"But you might get hangry and punch me," I laugh.

"Come on," I say, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the kitchen. Frypan gives us our food, and an extra plate for Jeff. I drop it off to him and sit down, devouring all my food.

"Syd. You've got a little.." Tom says, pointing at his own lip. I use my thumb to wipe it off.

"Gone?" He shakes his head.