Resting

I wake up with only one person next to me. I'm surprised to see its Minho, sleeping a foot away from me, our hands still intertwined. I keep my eyes shut, and just lay there. I didn't want to get up anyway. I lay there until he wakes up, his hand leaving mine, his weight leaving the bed. I lightly groan and pretend to wake. It was only Chuck and us in the room. He was working on some bags. He had three finished ones next to him and was sewing together a fourth.

"Where is everyone?" I mumble as I stretch.

"How long were we out?" Minho asks.

"Everyone's in the mapping room and a couple hours," Chuck says. But then the pain hits me again. My head was pounding. I felt dizzy.

"Hey. Syd. You alright...?" Minho asks.

"N-No," I mumble, my hand going to my forehead.

"Syd..." He sighs, sitting down next to me. "Do you want me to get Thomas..?" I just wrap my arms around him and cry. He reacts immediately and cradles my head with one hand, rubbing my back with the other.

"You're okay, now.... He's not going to come back to hurt you..." I keep sobbing.

"No ones told me what happened yet..." Chuck says, sitting down next to us.

"I'll explain it later, Chuck..." Minho says. He starts gently rocking with me in his arms.

"How am I supposed to help when I don't know what happened?" Chuck asks. Minho sighs.

"Gally tried to kill me, Chuck! It hurts!" I cried. I hear him sigh.

"Should I go get Jeff?" Chuck asks.

"Just ask him for his medical bag. I can take care of it," Minho says. I hear the door open and shut and I knew Chuck had left for his assignment.

Minho continues to calm me until the tears stop falling out of my eyes, and I'm left with wet cheeks, eyelashes clumping together, and a trembling lip.

"I'm sorry, Syd. We shouldn't have left you and Chuck. We should've been next to you, protecting you. I should've been there protecting you. I should've taken Gally's threat seriously. I still can't believe we let him off so easy when he described how he wanted to hurt you..."

"I-It's not your fault." I say, forcing back more tears. Minho scoots farther back on the bed, taking me with him. He hugs me to him, gently rubbing my back. Chuck drops the medical bag on the bed before leaving to go to the map room and help.

Minho works on my head a bit, changing the bandages, applying more disinfectant to clean the wounds, and giving me more pain medicine.

My eyes start dropping, the exhaustion hitting me at once.

"Get some sleep, Syd. We've got this covered," Minho whispers. "You can relax and recover for a bit," I nod, but don't let go of him. He holds me, still cradling my and head and rubbing my back until I fall asleep on top of him.

----

I wake up alone. Thomas, Newt, Teresa, Chuck, and Minho were all gone. The pain wasn't gone. It still hurt worse than anything I've ever felt. My head still pulsing.

I stand up for the first time since it happened. My legs buckle and I get dizzy very quickly. I grab a canteen near by and chug all the water inside it.

I lean against the wall for support before peaking out the door and looking down the hallway. I didn't see anyone. I walk slowly, not being able to go a normal speed. I make my way to the map room.

"Hey, baby," I whisper. He jumps, but turns around and looks me up and down. He wraps his arms around me and helps me stand. I breath in his familiar scent and hug him, leaning my weight against his body.

"What are you doing up? You should be resting!" He says with a sigh.

"I needed a walk. Where is everyone?" I ask.

"At lunch. You want some? I brought mine back here," He says, before handing me a plate of Frypan's jerky. I smile and take a piece. We sit down and eat together.

After we finish our meal, he shows me what they were up to. The were copying the maze sequences down on wax paper - which Frypan was not happy about - and stacking them, since they started to form words. He told me how the maze was a puzzle in itself and a bunch of other things we had never figured out.

"How do you know all of this?" I ask.

"Look, when, um, you were alseep, I got a griever stinger that had fell of the one that took Gally, and kind of shoved it into myself..." He says.

"What?!"

"Well then I got the medicine and while you were awake the first time and during your second nap, I was able to make a pretty fast recovery..."

"Tom. Do you even realize what this means?"

"That I won't act the same? I got that, but I'm fine with it if it gets us out!" I was about to break down in tears. That's not what I meant at all.

"It means Gally didn't get stung. The griever that took him had no weapon. And he could easily still be alive... He could come back and finish the job, Thomas!"