13. The Past Unravelled

*Taehyung woke up in his hospital bed, remembering everything, every tiny detail, the horror of what he put Jungkook through rang through his mind like a gun shot, it echoed and echoed and the though the sound disappeared the pain stayed. He wanted to go see Jungkook, but the pain from what he did kept him in his bed.

Jungkook was still unconscious from the explosion, it's been a week and a half and the only response they get out of him, is the occasional twitch of the fingers and curl of the toes, when the doctors do a reaction test. They still have no clue as to why Jungkook is still in the state he is in, they tried everything they could think of but he never woke up.

They were dumb founded and Jungkook's friends took turns watching over Jungkook and Taehyung, Taehyung asked about Jungkook's state and he almost cried hearing about him. It wasn't that Jungkook couldn't wake up; it was that he didn't want to. He suffered so much pain over the years and he finally has the opportunity to leave it all behind. Jungkook suffered for so long he finally wanted to end it; but, he kept hearing Taehyung.

"Jungkook." It echoed through his consciousness like a gong. "Jungkook." It went off again. "Jungkook." It just seemed to keep going. "Yah! Jeon Jungkook! How long do you intend to keep me waiting?! Wake up!" Taehyung yelled.

Jungkook's mind was shattered from all the pain he had to go through so he did what he thought was best.

"Ah, so annoying! Be quiet!" Jungkook snapped at Taehyung.

"J-Jungkook?" Taehyung was taken aback by Jungkook's sudden loud outburst.

"Yes Now shut up please" Jungkook said and sat up and this only seemed to confuse Taehyung even more.

"Wha-.." Taehyung started to say but stopped when he saw that the look in Jungkook's eyes was different.

"I want to sleep and you wont shut up" Jungkook said and Taehyung was at a loss for words. Jungkook looked around the room. 

"J-jungkook..." Taehyung said

"Hmm..." Was all that left his mouth and Taehyung's head dropped a little and and sat against the door debating who to tell about Jungkook's cold personality towards him. He decided after a while just to tell BTS because that is the group that they were both in and the closest friends were in that group. Taehyung bit his lip wondering why Jungkook was being so cold to him and he still can't come up with a reason for it at all, he didn't do anything yet to hurt Jungkook or at least he didn't think he did.

Taehyung went back into the room and Jungkook was lent over the side of the bed with his eyes closed. Taehyung walked over to him and shook him. Jungkook lifted his head slowly and looked at Taehyung. Taehyung looked right at him. "Jungkook-ah?" He asked and Jungkook nodded not looking Taehyung in the eyes. Jungkook moved a bit but winced.
"Don't move! Bricks from the warehouse and hit you hard and you had debris stuck in your chest, if you move too much you'll open your stitches, stay still." Taehyung said quickly.

Jungkook lowered his head and didn't speak a word to Taehyung but then got enough courage to say one sentence that has been going through his mind and was debating whether or not to say it. "I don't remember." Jungkook said and it caught Taehyung off guard;

"What do you mean?" Taehyung sat down and Jungkook lifted his head.

"I don't remember anything." Jungkook said and Taehyung's eyes widened.

"What do you remember?" Taehyung asked and Jungkook thought  back. 

"When we were in school and I.." He tilted his head trying to remember. "When I was stabbed." He said and Taehyung fell.

Jungkook lurched forward and grabbed Taehyung's hand and caught him before he hit the ground but then Taehyung realized that Jungkook is frail, he has a tiny body, and even though he has a lot of muscle, he has a heart that was broken and if you suffer heartbreak... it's hard to repair afterwards and that's what Jungkook is afraid of, he doesn't want any help repairing because he might just get hurt again and he's had enough. Taehyung pulled his hand away his eyes a little wide and had tears building up in them. 

Jungkook bit his lip and looked outside; then he drifted off to sleep after the attending nurse gave him more morphine, to help rid him of his pain. Taehyung cried and went home and walked upstairs into his room and pulled out a necklace that he had ever since he lost his memory and clutched it tight and cried hard. He stayed that way for a few days but then went back to the hospital to see Jungkook. When he got to Jungkook's room, Jungkook was asleep.

Taehyung paced from wall to wall, biting his nails, messing his hair every once and a while, eyes moving quickly back and forth. He didn't know how to make Jungkook better, he couldn't think of a way to make things better and it was killing him to see Jungkook in so much pain now that he remembers everything. Well actually, Taehyung fell in love with Jungkook again, the moment Jungkook saved his life from the sniper; though he would never fully admit that to anyone besides Jungkook.

He watched Jungkook as he slept and moved his bangs away from his face again. He smiled softly to himself but coughed and looked away from Jungkook then walked down to the lobby to call his father. Jungkook opened his eyes as soon as Taehyung left and he blushed patting his bangs down. Jungkook sat up and ate a little bit of the apple sauce in front of him on a tray.