17 |Harry

Gemma let me stay in after that. Liam is currently out and I'm just enjoying me. It's been quite a long while since it's just been me, and I really could be more relieve to have this time to myself.
My phones buzzes beside me breaking me from my thoughts. I reach over and read a text from my mom.
Harry, get dressed for supper tonight! Suit and all, Bobby has a dinner party to attend to tonight and he wants all the kids to be there! Shower please, I don't want you mopping all night, x Mum.
First of all, how does she know I'm going to mopping, and second, she asks me to shower like I never do.
Of course mum, what time? xH
I look at the time and read off 5:30. I hope that's enough time to get ready, this is last minute. My phone buzzes again.
Meet in lobby for 7 sharp. I'll have a suit sent for you and Liam both. x Mum
I throw my phone onto my bed and get up to get ready. I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for a dinner party to be completely honest, and oh god. What if Niall is gonna be there? And Lance? I don't even have the strength right now to see Niall. I'll probably do something I'll regret.
Before I make it to the bathroom Liam rushes into the room sweating.
"Dear god, where have you been?" I chuckle.
"Had to rush back, so I can get ready. Your mum literally just texted Niall like 30 minutes ago, and we were all the way across town." Liam is huffing for air, trying to contain his breathes and slow down his heart rate. When he brought up Niall, I almost felt as if my heart pumped faster and my stomach is doing flips. Fuck I want him so bad.
I just can't be selfish, maybe Leigh-Anne will be up for some fun tonight.
"Well I'm going for a shower.." I trial. Liam nods, and I continue my journey to the bathroom.
I don't know what I'm feeling in my stomach right now, but I just feel something is going to happen tonight and I don't know what.

**

It's seven sharp, when Liam and I get down to the lobby. Luckily Gemma, my mum, and Bobby are the only ones down here so far. So I have time to prepare myself for seeing Niall. I don't know why, but I want to avoid him and I have no reason why.
"Hey," Liam says. "Where's Lou and Ni?"
Liam looks around the room, trying to scope out the two, but they both seem to be out of sight.
"There gonna catch a taxi, Niall is not quite ready." Bobby laughs. Of course Niall gets out of his in a way, he's just going to later. For some reason I'm disappointed that I won't be seeing him soon, as much as I want to avoid him.
I still have this desire to see him, and that's when I know my feelings are too deep. I'm sunken down by his anchor, and it seems this ship is never setting out to sea anytime soon.
He probably made up some excuse to get out of this to avoid me. That's definitely it, because Liam was with them and he got back in enough time to get ready. Whatever Louis and Niall are doing ignites me to find out, because yes I find it so suspicious.
"Well, I think we should get moving," Bobby says.
We all exit the hotel and jump into a limo that Bobby has ordered, pros of having a rich step-dad I guess. I don't even know what Bobby does, and I really don't have the initiative to find out.
I slump in between Gemma and Liam. Gemma is wearing a casual yet dressy polka dot dress that goes mid thigh, and I'm a little jealous she gets to wear something so casual.
Liam is wearing a simple black suit and tie, and the same goes for me. I don't know what where we are heading to, or who's throwing this party, but I just pray Lance is not there.
"So how you holding up?" Gemma whispers. I turn to look at her, and shrug.
"Fine I guess," I whisper. I don't want my mum or Bobby to ask what we're talking about. "Let's not do this here."
Gemma nods and goes back to being quiet.

We arrive at the party, to a huge ball room. Everyone is dancing and talking amongst each other.
"C'mon, I want you guys to meet some people," Bobby announces, while we follow behind him. I walk along side Liam, to a group of people standing around talking. I spot Leigh-Anne right away, but she has not spotted me just yet. What makes me a little annoyed is that she is talking to Lance. I don't know how they know each other, but I'm assuming it's the same wave length on how Niall knows them both.
Leigh-Anne looks up at me smiling and when she spots me, her smile is dropped.
Liam hands me a drink, while I keep the eye contact with her. She shakes her head in disbelief, almost annoyed by my presence.
I take a swig of the wine Liam got me, and broke the eye contact turning towards Liam. He's watching me intently, I suppose trying to figure out how Leigh-Anne and I know each other.
"Li, I'll be right back," I say. Liam nods, and I walk off into the direction of the washrooms. The only reason I'm heading off, is because I don't want to be there necessarily when Niall and Louis make their appearance known.
The bathroom is empty, so I pull my phone out and enter one of the stalls so I can enjoy sometime alone and away from snobby rich people and their snobby rich kids.

**
Niall's
Louis and arrive five minutes after my dad and Anne have. We walk up the steps to be stopped by the bouncer.
"Names please," he says.
"Niall Horan, and Louis Tomlinson." He nods, and let's us through.
We find my parents in less than two seconds, before Gemma waves us over. As soon, as I spot Leigh-Anne, I avoid her eye contact. This is completely awkward, and I'm just glad I've yet to spot Harry. I could feel Lance's eyes on me from his spot beside Leigh-Anne. I'm avoiding all three of them, because I have too much Harry problems, that I don't need to add Lance to my list as well. I look around and spot Liam looking at me, and I offer him a friendly smile.
He offers it back, before I realize that I can't stand being here in this room with Lance trying to get my attention, and Leigh-Anne trying to talk to me with her eyes.
"Niall, son!" My dad says, catching my attention. I look over to him talking to Lance and Leigh-Anne's dad, not really remembering there names.
"Hey dad," I greet, and nod to all of them politely. I really don't want to be here at all.
"If you can excuse me," I say. My dad nods approving, and I walk away before anyone can catch up to me.
It looks as if I spoke to soon.
"Niall wait!" I turn around and see Leigh-Anne trying to catch up to me.
"Look, you didn't really give me time the other day to apologize," she says. "I didn't know Harry is your step-brother. Otherwise I wouldn't have slept with him."
My heart stops when she says she slept with him.
"Wait hold up, I thought you two just kissed." I can feel the tears brim to my eyes.
"I thought you knew." Her eyes go wide, before she realizes. "I'm so sorry Ni."
She brings me into a hug, but I don't let her.
"Look, I'm not up for your pity right now. I don't even like Harry," I say.
She looks guilty. Good, because she should be guilty. She ruined one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me.
"I hope we can still be friends." I can't even look at her, I feel so betrayed. The tears are still evident under my eyes.
I walk away from her not shuttering a word any long.  I don't even know what to believe, I thought they just kissed.
I find myself trembling into the bathroom, and don't even bother checking to see if anybody is in here before letting out whimper.
I didn't know Harry could have this big of an effect on me. I stand in front of the bathroom mirror, with my eye closed trying to process what Leigh-Anne has told me.
I'm so caught up in crying that I didn't even notice the squeak of one of the stall bathroom doors opening.
"Niall?"
I stop. Too scared to open my eyes to see who is behind me, but I already know who it is.
I open my eyes and turn around to see Harry standing there, looking handsome as ever. Stop that Niall, it's not healthy.
"Hi," I croak.
"What's wrong?" He asks. I scoff, and look away.
He stands there waiting for me to answer him, and really I don't what I'm suppose to tell him. I look like a fucking mess, while he looks like a fucking God.
"You don't have to tell me," he assures. I look up to meet his eyes again, and as soon as I regret it.
His eyes look like they've been through hell, I can see right through his façade. He looks like Harry on the outside, but as soon as you look into his bright jade eyes, you see someone so different.
"I'm sorry," I say. "This is stupid."
He shakes his head in disbelief. "Nothing's stupid Ni."
I don't know how were able to keep this conversation, I feel like absolute shit.
I'm so caught up with his eyes, that I didn't even notice him walking closer to me, until he takes his thumbs and wipes away the stained tears under my eyes.
"Chin up princess," he says. My heart stopped as soon as he called me he pet name. He can't keep doing this.
"Harry please stop," I whimper. His face scrunches up in confusion.
"Stop making it harder not to fall for you." I regret the words as soon as they left my mouth. His face falls, before he lets a single tear fall. I close my eyes, wishing I can just disappear.
"I'm sorry Ni." I open my eyes to meet his.
Then he backs away fixing his tie and walks out leaving me here. I thought my word came crashing down when I found him and Leigh-Anne in bed, but this just ended it for me. I feel like my heart actually broke into two.
__________________________

Hope you guys like it x ;))))

Btw, Leigh-Anne is not the one from Little Mix, I don't like adding other famous ppl into my books. Even thought I love Little Mix, but no 5sos, no Little mix, and no Zayn. strictly 1D, I'm sorry:( (even though Zayn was apart of 1D, emphasize on was) thank you, x

Step-Brothers (n.s)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें