"Your ring will be huge," Michael said.

"Totally. The ones he was loo-" Emilio slapped a hand over his mouth.

"Emilio! You're such a dumbass!" Michael yelled.

"What? I didn't say anything."

"He was looking at rings?" I asked, excitedly.

"Psh, he was...maybe."

"See! He's gonna propose," Marcus chimed.

"It doesn't matter. He can propose whenever he wants." I was trying to be calm, but on the inside I was freaking out. He was going to propose!

I woke up in the afternoon on the 30th, having slept in because Lafayette was really in the mood last night. I went to the bathroom and decided to skip the shower, not in the mood for it that day. Lafayette left some clothes out for me to wear, so I slipped them on. They were just a pair of regular jeans and a t-shirt along with my flats. My coat was sitting there, too, and I assumed we were going to go some place, so I put it on as well. I went into the office and Lafayette was looking out the window. He had his ear piece in but he wasn't talking to anyone so I assumed his phone call was over. There was some luggage sitting by the door and I grew a little excited, because maybe we were going on a trip for New Year's. I hadn't heard him planning a party or anything, so it's what I assumed.

"Going somewhere?" I asked.

He turned around to face me, saying, "You are."

The smile vanished from my face. I could tell things were not alright. He looked like a stranger standing before me. There was a distant look in his eyes, a hard look. "What're you saying?"

He sighed. "Remember when I said I was a great liar?"

I didn't say anything.

"Well, that is one of the only true things I've ever said to you."

I didn't know what to say, panic rising in me. This couldn't be happening.

"Emerson, why would I have hired a stranger to be my assistant when I'm doing so many illegal things? I didn't know you at all. Michael said he could do the job for me. You hardly did anything in the first place. Why would I ask you to move in with me, too? Because I liked you? Everything I did was a lie. I did it all for money."

"You mean you dated me, said you loved me, slept with me, and made me love you for money?" I asked, holding back tears.

"Yeah. Remember Solanzki?"

"What about him?"

"Him and I are together."

If ever your heart could break, that's when mine broke. I couldn't describe the pain that I felt, but I had never felt so horrible in my life. I just wanted to close my eyes and wake up in a new life. I wanted to die. "What?" I asked.

"Look, Rick Solanzki and I are together and ever since last year - when Donald retired - our friend Micah Schumacher made a bet with us. He said that if I could get a new assistant to fall in love with me within the next year then he'd give me a billion dollars. I hired you, bought you things, flirted with you, made you move in with me as a part of this bet. I was hesitant to actually ask you out, but then I didn't want to lose the bet. I couldn't give up a billion dollars."

"And you're telling me this now? After a few months of already being together? What about fucking Solanzki? You've been sleeping with me while you're with him?"

"He lives in England. What he doesn't know can't hurt him." He crossed his arms. "Did you really think I was going to propose?"

I felt myself sinking. I really did think he was going to propose... "I can't believe this. So you used me to get money, but then you just decided to use me to get sex, too?"