'Umm, yeah, fine' I smiled. I watched him walk away. Dear god. Only thing that comes to mind. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Danny, hey, its me, Alex. Call me when you can. We really need to talk. Umm, how about I make dinner and you stop by? Apparently, yeah, stuff we need to go over. Okay. Bye' 

I wonder what Louise meant. I have not been able to stop thinking about it. Its obviously something important if she didn't want to mention anything and thought Danny should be the one to say it... Oh my god. If they are engaged, Im going to move states. Not really, I'm just dramatic, but ill be... Eh, what can I do. Nothing. 

*RING RING*

'Avery. Hey'

'Could you come by the hospital? Please? I... Maddie is away and...'

'Say no more. Im on my way' I put a top on and my shoes and ran out to the car. Poor girl and her mum. So devastating. 

Avery's POV:

'Mum? Mr. Davi- Alex is coming. I think you've met him once. He's, umm, one of my favourite teachers and we are... Really close. I called him to come down. I hope you will be okay with that. Its the handsome one, remember' I giggled and continued stroking her hand. She looks so peaceful laying there on the bed. 

'Avery?' I turned, expecting Alex. It was Dr. Parker.

'Dr. Parker, is everything okay?' 

'Please, just call me Luke... Did you want to step out here for a minute?' I walked out and he follower. My knees are shaking. 

'Somethings wrong, isn't it?' 

'Nothing too serious. She's in a coma. She can still hear everything, so continue talking to her, let her follow your voice out. The only problem is... The tumour in her brain is larger than her last check up' tears started falling out of my eyes 'Because the tumour is specifically 'Anapaestic oligodendroglioma', her chances of living are around 38%' 

'Oh god' Once again, tears. 

'Im so sorry, Avery' He placed his hand on my shoulders 'But don't give up hope, okay. Now, is anyone else on their way or?'

'Yeh.. uhh... Ye- Yes' 

'Okay, good. Ill come back in a bit and check up on you and your mother'

I cannot believe this is happening. What the hell even is 'Anasplakanic... Anapokitic... Olibodbmengomis'... I can't even say it bloody hell. 38% chance of life. What. This is officially the worst day of my life. 

'Avery! Hey' I jumped out of my seat and he grabbed me in his arms, tight. Just like that I began crying again. 'Hey, hey , hey... Sh, sh, sh' He wiped my tears 'She is going to be okay' I shook my head. 

'No, no she's not. She has Anklonkick obligtomasis and has only a 38% chance of pulling through' I rambled. I know I was way off with the stupid name but I don't even care at this point. 

'Anapaestic oligodendroglioma' He looked over at her. 

'Yeah, that' 

'Hi' We turned to see Dr. Parker. 'I'm Dr. Luke Parker, Im looking after Mrs. Jennings... You must be...' He reached out his hand and waited for an introduction. 

'Professor. Alex Davidson... Avery's boyfriend' I turned to Alex in shock and Luke gave me a weird look 'Thank you so much for everything you're doing'