07| A Truth Revealed

Start from the beginning

"Don't do that." The officer yelled at the dog in fear. "Okay, I'm coming. I'm coming."

Derek looked back at me triumphantly and I rolled my eyes unimpressed. "Good job you scared away a dog."

"Aren't you just a pile of sunshine today?" Derek replied in an annoyed tone.

"I was raised by you, what did you expect?" I countered he was going to reply when we both stopped and looked up when we heard the crunching of leaves. Derek looked at me expectantly and I concentrated my senses before I caught a familiar scent. "It's Scott."

"I know you can hear me!" Scott yelled as he approached the front of the house. Derek and I both shared a look and made our downstairs towards the porch. When Derek stepped outside he was immediately ambushed by the one and only Scott McCall. "I need your help."

Derek only gave him an unimpressed and blank look, so Scott took that as his sign to continue. "Okay. I know I was part of you getting arrested and that we basically announced you being here to the hunters. I also don't know what happened to your sister. But I think I did something last night. I had a dream about someone. But someone else got hurt. And it turns out that part of the dream might have actually happened."

"You think you attacked the driver?" Derek questioned although we already discussed this on the ride here, I guess he just wanted to hear it voiced by Scott himself.

"Did you see what I did last night?" Scott asked, hopeful for answers.

"No."

"Can you at least tell me the truth? Am I gonna hurt someone?" Scott continued to ask and I could feel the irritation building up inside of me.

"Yes."

"Could I kill someone?" He asked once again.

"Yes." I looked over at Derek and gave him a look that basically told him to stop with his one worded answers.

"Am I gonna kill someone?"

"Probably. Look, I can show you how to remember. I can show you how to control the shift, even on a full moon." Derek told him, and Scott gave us a hopeful look."But it's not gonna come for free."

"What do you want?" Scott asked the question I was asking myself.

"You'll find out. But for now, I'm gonna give you what you want." My brother continued cryptically. "Go back to the bus. Go inside. See it, feel it. Let your senses, your sight, smell, touch. Let them remember for you."

"That's it? Just go back?" Scott exclaimed, seeming stunned that the answer he was desperate for could be found so easily.

"Do you want to know what happened? " My brother replied clearly, just as irritated as I was, but he was able to mask it better.

"I just want to know if I hurt him."

"No, you don't." I simply replied, having been around him long enough I knew exactly who was always on his mind. "You want to know if you'll hurt Allison."

Derek got a hold of my arm and pulled me aside. "You're going to go with them."

"What? Why!" I quickly exclaimed. Apparently it wasn't enough that I was stuck with these two at school, but I also had to spend my free time with them too.

"Because if you go then you might be able to catch the Alpha's scent." He stated as if it were obvious and I just gave him a blank stare. I wanted to find the Alpha just as much as he did, whoever they were, they killed Laura. But for Derek there seemed to be something else that he was hiding.