My eyes widened in shock. I was going to be an Aunt. I couldn't remember when I found out she was pregnant, so I must've forgotten altogether. My sister was going to have her baby boy. The realization set, and I ran up to hug my mum.

"You're going to be a grandmother!" I shouted, ignoring the fact that Greg was watching Luke walk away from the house.

"Enough about that! I'm an uncle and I'm 14!" Greg came back to join us in the quaint kitchen. If I wasn't so happy at the moment, I would scoff at Greg's awkwardness with fitting into the conversation.

"When are they coming to visit?" I asked.

Alice and her husband, Weston, live in Adelaide. They've been planning to have a child for the longest time, and finally at the beginning of this year, they were blessed with the news that Alice was pregnant. And soon, they'll be blessed with their new born boy, Riley James Oliver.

"The end of the week," mum smiled. "Now you probably want to go upstairs and share with Calum your wonderful news; don't you?"

"Nah, I'll text him, I have homework to do," I answered. If I called him, that would be the second time today. Once I walked upstairs, I was about ready to collapse on my bed and fall asleep. Luke's first day was tiring. But now, there was no way I had any energy to do homework. If anything, I would rather be in Adelaide with Wes and Alice stuffing my face with Wes' perfectly cooked steak, but sadly, that wouldn't be happening. Usually, we invited them to summer cook-outs for that reason, but it was the middle of November, mostly near the end. Which meant break was happening soon.

Pulling out my phone, I typed in my message to Calum, which was me freaking out that I was going to be an aunt. Within two seconds, he responded with Cool. He texted again after another two seconds.

Jk! That's amazing!!! I'm so happy for you!

I smiled, texted him back, then worked on homework for the rest of the night. 

The next day was cold, muggy, and brisk. Nothing would go my way today, though, I could already tell. Sighing, I dragged my sore feet downstairs for breakfast. I was contemplating on skipping today, since I woke up with a migraine and a stomach ache, but something was telling me I need to be at school. My mum left a note on the counter giving Greg and I chores to do for after school before she would head home from work, so there was one thing that had already ruined my day.

Once I was out the door, Calum was waiting in his car to drive me to school.

"Hey Pai," he smiled when I opened the door to the passenger side. "We have to go pick up Luke. Is that okay?"

"Yeah," I smiled back and set my bag at my feet. 

We drove for a while, then ended up in a poor neighborhood that I hadn't been to in a while. This neighborhood always gave me the creeps as a child, and now I was visiting it for my extremely attractive new friend. It has the most criminal rates in town and it was almost always the headliner of our newspaper.

The first few houses were the nicest, then they gradually got worse as we drive down the road. Calum pulled up to a house with some chipping paint and broken windows.

"Cal?" I questioned. "Is this where Luke lives?"

"Sadly," gulped Cal. "Yes."

A short second after, someone came running out of the house with a hand full of binders, papers, and a shirt and tie in his other hand. I stared fondly at him for a few seconds due to the fact that he did not have a shirt on, then mentally scolded myself soon after. His hair was un-styled and once he reached the car, he was panting.