17. Mission Finding Nemo.

Start from the beginning

You tell anyone about what happened in the closet, and Nemo will be dead meat.  Break up with Ryder by midnight, and the fish will return back to where I got him. 
                Xoxo - Your Worst Nightmare

Crumbling up the paper and throwing it on the floor, I sigh and grab my lunch box.  Walking to the cafeteria, I think of ways I can dodge the situation... I mean, there can't be any way that Natalia actually was able to break into my house and fish-nap Nemo, is there?  I just shake my head and walk into the cafeteria.  As soon as I walk through the door, I hear footsteps run towards me, and someone pulls me into a hard chest. Smelling the cologne, I sigh in relief once I realize that it was just Ryder.

"Where the hell have you been Avery?!" Ryder worriedly asks me, seeming to be slightly angry.

I pull away from the hug.

"I can't tell you..." I reply honestly.

"Why not? I sat through about half the day worried sick as to where my princess was... Do you have any idea how much I care about you?" Ryder rants furiously, taking my hands in his and looking me in the eyes.

      I nod my head in response, and pull him with me to our lunch table where Brooke and Connor were giving each other worried looks.  Ryder just pulls his hand out of mine roughly and stomps away, while I sadly look down at the table, sit, and try to eat.

________*Ryder's POV*________

I stomp out of the cafeteria, furious that Avery didn't trust me enough to tell me what was going on. Running my hands through my hair, I pace back and forth down the hallway where the lockers are located. Walking up to Avery's locker, I find a crumpled piece of notebook paper. Opening it up, I read:

You tell anyone about what happened in the closet, and Nemo will be dead meat.  Break up with Ryder by midnight, and the fish will return back to where I got him. 
                Xoxo - Your Worst Nightmare

Furious, I rip the paper up, and throw it in the trash. I find myself running back to the cafeteria. So, that letter was the thing keeping Avery from telling me what was going on? But, who wrote it?

_________Avery's POV_________

I play with my salad, my appetite completely gone. Connor and Brooke ditched me a few minutes ago, probably because they couldn't get me to talk. I hear someone sit down across from me, but I keep my eyes glued to my salad.

"Avery." Ryder's deep voice surprised me.

Looking up, his piercing blue eyes stare deep into my brown ones.

"Avery." Ryder says again, but his voice turning hard.

"What."

"I know what happened. I saw the letter... I'm not going to let a desperate girl destroy our relationship." Ryder tells me, meaning every word.

"I know... I didn't know what to do! She is going to kill Nemo... I can't let that happen! But I also can't stay away from you either so I don't know what to do!" I rant, my eyes watering.

"Don't worry baby doll, we will figure this out." Ryder reassures me with a soft kiss on the forehead.

The rest of the day I was an emotional wreck. I was constantly jittery, afraid to go home and find that Nemo is actually gone.

Once the last bell rings, I jump out of my seat and head straight to my locker, pretty much shoving everything in my backpack. Walking outside, I see Ryder leaning up against his car waiting for me. As soon as I get close enough, Ryder kisses my cheek and opens my door for me. Right when Ryder gets buckled in, he speeds all the way back to my house, eager to see if Nemo has been fishynapped as well.

In a few minutes, we are parked in my driveway and running up to the front door. I unlock it in record timing and fling the front door open.

There, sitting on its usual table, is Nemo's fish bowl... Empty.

"Oh my God, she actually did this!! I can't believe Natalia is crazy enough to do this! Isn't this a felony? She could go jail!" I exclaim.

"Natalia won't get away with this Ave, I have a plan..." Ryder promised, his tone turning dark.

"What's it called?"

"Mission Finding Nemo. This is what we'll do."

And for the next couple of hours, me and Ryder came up with a plan to get my fishy back.

A/N:

Hello my fellow fishies!! IM BACKKKKK! Sorry I haven't updated in so long... Guess I had writers block, but I have a few things planned ;)

Xoxo - Batman