"Got tissues, throat lozenges, vicks, orange juice and chocolate." I listed the items, picking them up one by one.

"You're like my saviour!" she exclaimed. "Thankyou Luke," Ruby said seriously. Leaning over, she hugged her left arm around my neck. I rubbed her back caringly.

"Pleasure," I answered. Clearing all the stuff off the lounge and onto the coffee table I put my arm around Ruby's shoulders and pulled her closer to me. Without resistance Ruby slouched down, resting her head on my chest as we both watched the TV. I played with the ends of her hair as she relaxed closer to me. It was nice that we could still do this, I'd completely forgotten about my homesick feeling and felt at ease. Spongebob ended and went to start again. While we waited for the credits, I leant forward to get the chocolate, Ruby tipping forward with me. I broke it into pieces and handed some to Ruby.

"Ta," she spoke nasaly.

"You sound so blocked up Rubes." I felt sorry for her.

"I took a few sinus tablets before, they're starting to kick in. I wish it would go away." she groaned.

"I'd take it away from you if I could." I kissed the top of her head. I felt her body freeze up momentarily and I wondered if I'd made a mistake.

"No you wouldn't it's horrible and disgusting." Ruby said.

"You're right. You can keep it." I joked. Ruby chuckled and lightly elbowed me.

"Hey!" I laughed in protest.

"I can't believe you did this for me," she grinned.

"It's the least I could do. You've gotta admit- I'd make a pretty great boyfriend." I said hesitantly. Ruby didn't answer for a while. I knew she wanted to say something, but what was there to say to that awkward statement? I should've just kept my mouth shut.

"You're going to make someone very happy one day Luke," she turned to me, speaking softly but confidently. Ruby cleared her throat and got up. She looked as though she'd seen a ghost and I automatically knew she was upset.

"I'll be one minute," she said before leaving the room.

"Yep." I flopped myself back onto the lounge and raked my hands through my hair. The only 'someone' I wanted to make happy was Ruby. She came back in the room with two glasses.

"Want some orange juice?" she asked, acting as though everything was okay again. I hoped it was.

"Sure." I examined her features. She was strong but I could see past it. Her mind told her not to take me back but her heart told her otherwise. To my suprise, Ruby leant back into my arms and got comfortable again. A little while passed of watching and chatting before she got up again.

"I think I'm gonna go to bed." she tried not to yawn. That was my que to leave. Damn.

"Thanks for having me," I got up off the couch.

"Actually I was wondering if you wanted to stay." she scratched the back of her head.

"Really?" I was suprised. Ruby nodded.

"Yeah," I tried to diguise my smirk. "I'll just text Beau."

"Alright," Ruby smiled at my answer. "I'll be in my room." she left. I was really glad Ruby felt comfortable with me like this. I wanted to prove to her that she could trust me still, I wasn't going to pack up and leave like last time, but it was different now. I tucked my phone away and looked around for Ruby's room. The last time I was here I wasn't what you could call sober nor paying attention to my surroundings.

"Ruby?" I poked my head in around the door.

"Hey," she croaked from the bed.

"Where am I sleeping?" I asked.

"Just come here, I'm not making up the other bed now." she said giving my butterflies in my stomach. They were bloody big butterflies. I took my shirt off and climbed into bed, keeping my distance from Ruby. I wanted to be more than friends but I had to respect her decision.

"You feeling better?" I asked.

"Heaps, thankyou." she said again. I was glad.

"Me too." I said.

"You feeling sick?" Ruby asked.

"Homesick. I was in the worst mood before I came here." I told her. Ruby turned to face me, still on the oher side of the bed.

"You'll see your mum soon." she said as she stroked my shoulder comfortingly.

"I hope so." I spoke. I shook away my thoughts. "Night," I said.

"Goodnight Luke." Ruby turned back the other way. I closed my eyes but thoughts about what happened earlier still played in my mind. Ruby didn't want me as her boyfriend for two reasons. Time and distance. It was my fault. If I had told her I was moving earlier maybe she would trust me more, give us another chance. I was still waiting to be forgiven, but I could feel she was getting there. The more time we spent together, the more she warmed to me again like she used to. Three years is a long time to be together, that must mean something to Ruby like it did to me. I wasn't going to let my mistake get in the way of three years of happiness. My goal was to win her back and I was going to make it happen.

"Ruby," I whispered to see if she was awake.

"Yeah?" she replied moments later. I closed my eyes in the dark and took a deep breath to steady my nerves.

"You're the only girl I want to make happy." I said knowing she hadn't forgotten about our awkward run in before. I heard her sigh. I hadn't upset her again had I? Ruby turned over to face me.

"I am so lucky." she managed to say. Eliminating the empty space that sat between us in the bed, Ruby moved closer to me, wrapping her arms around my body and resting her head on my chest. We moulded together perfectly. I looked down at her in disbelief and bliss, putting my arm around her securely.

"Just give me a little more time," Ruby whispered. Shivers ran through my body as her breath played against my  bare skin.

"As long as you like." I grinned madly knowing what she meant by it. How easily this girl could make my mood change. Ruby fell sound asleep, oblivious to how she had made my night, oblivious to the fact that this was the way I wanted it to be for the rest of my life.