Planning the wedding - Wedding Series

A/N: sorry this is so long 😁 and I decided to change the dress, so the dress I originally had in the 'Wedding Details' chapter is different now, the final dress is in the media slot 😊

Wes's POV:

We started planning the wedding as soon as possible. We had help from mostly our moms, but also a couple of her aunts. We started with the basic stuff, like the colors, flowers, and cake designs. I know it's our wedding, but I let (Y/N) choose the colors because my favorite color is black...so...yeah. She chose maroon and white; I honestly loved the colors together. She also chose a bouquet with red and white roses. We then started looking up designs for our cake, and decided that we would have a small 3-tower cake with roses up the side and on top; we're going to McArthur's Bakery later today to go cake tasting and place an order.

Once we were ready, we made our way to the bakery and met up with the lady who would be helping us.

"Hello. Are you here for the 12:30 cake tasting?" She asked us.

"Yes. I'm (Y/N) and this is my fiancé Wes." She greeted us and took us to a table in the back.

"Ok. So to start this off, do you have an idea of what you want the cake to look like?" (Y/N) nodded.

"We would like a small 3-tower cake, white fondant, white icing, with red roses up 2 of the sides and on top, kind of like a vine on a house, or something," she laughed, and so did the lady.

"Yes, I understand. Anything else?"

"Yes, can you also include a few white roses in with the red? Our wedding colors and maroon and white, so we want to include both colors in the cake." She nodded and wrote what (Y/N) said down on the piece of paper she had in front of her.

"And would you like a design around the cake? Like on each tower?"

(Y/N) shrugged, and said "sure why not." She wrote that down and smiled at us once she was done.

"Ok. Do you have an idea of what flavor you want the cake to be? Or do you just wanna try some out and see from there?" I looked at my beautiful fiancée.

"I think we just wanna try some out. We don't really have an idea of what flavor we would like yet," I answered for the first time today. She nodded and walked to the back. I grabbed (Y/N)' hand and smiled at her. I leaned over and kissed her lips.

"Quit stressing. I can tell you are. Don't worry, when all of this planning is over, it's gonna be worth it, because we're getting married. You're gonna be (Y/N) Tucker. We're gonna spend the rest of our lives together. This planning is nothing, babe." She smiled and kissed me again.

The lady came back with a tray, carrying a bunch of small pieces of different cakes

"I didn't know if you guys wanted a filling in the cake, or just plain cake, so I brought out a bit of both. Just taste them, and if you either want more of one flavor or want another flavor that I didn't bring out, just call me. I totally forgot to mention, my name is Stacy." We nodded and started to taste cakes. I tasted a vanilla cake with raspberry filling, and immediately cut the choice out because it was way too sweet. We tasted many more cakes and finally decided on a marble cake with no filing; and anyways I feel like marble cake is the fanciest cake ever, so it fits for a wedding. After our order was finally placed, we left and went back to the hotel.

Then we got to the more complicated stuff. Reception halls, venues, suits and dresses, and most importantly, a honeymoon location. A few days later, I flew home to be with my family and friends, while (Y/N) stayed in St. Louis. (Y/N) was going to David's Bridal with her sister, friends, cousins, and mom to find a dress and bridesmaids dresses, while I went to Savvy (a suit store) to find tuxes for me and the groomsmen; Jason, my mom, Sarah, and Rose went with me to help. It didn't take that long, all I had to do was find a nice pair of pants I liked, and a top that looked fancy enough. I found a vest to go underneath my tux coat, and I was done. It took maybe 45 minutes to an hour. Once we were done, we headed home for dinner.