13) Fortune

Kenton and Trenton both glare at each other from across the room. The two had a history with each other which has lead to their deep hatred of one another. Trenton's father always preferred his "Mutant freaks" over his own son. It made Trenton resentful towards them. Also growing up with them he saw what they could actually do. They're dangerous people and they almost took over the world.

The doors to the room open and Mahogany walks in with Chris. Chris and Mahogany move out of the way and let in the person behind them. When Kenton and Trenton saw her, their eyes go wide and they gasp. "Maria you're alive." Kenton runs over and hugs Kyra. Kyra laughs and hugs him back.

"So this was all you wasn't it," Trenton angrily says. "This was your plan all along wasn't it. To make us think you're dead and it's safe, just to kidnap us. You fake our death, so no one will come looking. Of course, one of your kind would think of this."

Kenton glares at him and is about move Trenton around with his powers, but Kyra touches him. He looks down at her and she shakes her head. Kenton stands down but still glares at the guy.

"I brought you two here because there is a problem," Kyra announces. She takes out a remote and presses something. A projector screen comes down from the ceiling. She clicks another button and the projector turns on and shows an image of a Goth looking girl and a guy in a police uniform.

"They tried to kill me," Trenton and Kenton say in unison.

"It's Lance and Heather," Kyra tells them. Kenton realizes who they are and his eyes go wide, but Trenton still has no idea who these people are. "You don't know them, Trent. We met them in Viral."

Trenton throws his hands in the air. "Then why am I here?"

"Because they work for Joe, your brother." The room goes silent when they hear the name. None of them have heard from Joe since the day Viral took them away and social services took the brothers. "Joe tried to kill every one of us because he knows we're the only people who can defeat him. I was already tracking him down about a year ago when he found some of my old friends, the Mendeses and the Caniffs. He found out that they had kids and he wanted to test them. The Caniffs took precautions with their oldest children, by changing the DNA of the egg and sperm, so they wouldn't have the mutation. The youngest children were accidents, so they couldn't do anything about it. The Mendeses had their children naturally, so of course they are mutants.

"I moved the children to my old city before he could use them. Tristen didn't have any powers at the time and I thought it was safe to keep him away for the time being. Then he tracked down Shawn and I had to get rid of him. So I moved Shawn's family away and used an agent to pretend to be Shawn."

"Okay, but what about us? I swear I almost died. What happened," Kenton asks.

Kyra lifts her hand and little blue tentacles come out. "I made them think they killed me, by changing Heather's memory. I then used Karen Mendes to save you guys and wiped her mind of the incidents. The only people who know we're alive is the people on the boat."

"What does Joe even want," Trenton asks. Trenton hates his brother almost as much as he hates mutants. They hated each other from birth and he still hates him. Trying to kill him just added more hatred.

Kyra shrugs. "I don't know. I just know he wants us out of the way and whatever he's doing is going to end in anarchy."

Trenton snorts. "And how would you know that?"

Two guys walk into the room. Kenton remembers that one of the guys helped him against Heather. "Because of us."

Taylor p.o.v.