2) The building

Shawn p.o.v.

The drive to the building was pretty boring, though it was better than the 2 month of being stuck inside that school. We had to take all the backroads we could and tried to stay away from the main roads. The main roads are the only places with cops or any FBI agents. Today though, is the annual yacht race and most of the police force will be there. The only people we have to worry about now is the FBI.

Our plan to evacuate has three teams, the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma teams. The Beta team, my team, involves Hailee, Jack, Sam, and me. Our part of the plan is to take this girl out of the building she's being held in.

"So what's so special about this girl," Jack asks. He is the one driving us right now.

"Have you guys noticed how warm it still is, in the middle of winter," Hailee asks us. We all nod our heads. It's really strange actually, because everywhere around us has been snowing except for our city. It's so warm that we're having the yacht race 3 month early. "Well this girl is the reason why. Her mutant power allows this place to feel like summer/spring time."

"So when we take her, the whole city will turn cold. What's the point of that," Sam asks.

"Well young Sam Porcelain, when we get her, the city will go through a dramatic shift. All the build up of winter will be released and a huge snow storm will attack the city. That will do three things for us, one, it will be a signal for all mutants to evacuate, two,  it will give us a distraction to evacuate, and three it will keep most of the Feds here and won't be able to chase us," she explains.

She then goes on to answer Jacks and Sam's question, while I get distracted by my phone vibrating. I stick my hand into my pocet and pull my phone out. I look down and see a text sent by Taylor.

Taylor:

Sup sexy cheeks

I roll my eyes at him and start typing a message for him.

Shawn:

Wht do u want Tay

Even though I would never admit it, the text made me smile a little.

I felt another vibration and I check my phone.

Taylor:

Sh. No using our real names on these disposable phones remember? My codename is Big D

Of course that's his codename.

Shawn:

Well D head wht do u want

I can already picture Taylor's face right now. Playfully glaring at his phone and mumbling profanities.

My phone began vibrating again and I saw his message.

Taylor:
Uu Shawn already talkin about giving head. Wow Shawn I didnt know you were so eager.

I felt my cheeks flush as I read his text. I had to calm myself for a couple second before continuing the message.

Taylor:
...anyway Kian wanted to remind you, you only have 30 minutes, so hurry

Shawn:
K. We got it. Btw I don't want to give you head

Taylor:
Keep telling yourself that. Bye sexy cheeks

I put my phone back into my pocket after reading his last text. I look outside the window and see that we've almost there. We were a couple yards away from the buildings gates.