3)The Great Escape

Cam p.o.v.

"Are you ready," I ask Nash. He nodded his head at me.

Ever since the feds came, there has been security stops around the city, checking everybody who come in and out of the city. My team, the Beta team, was suppose to create as much chaos at these places, for the other mutants to escape.

Nash and I got out of the car and Sammy stayed in the car. "See you guys soon," Nash said before Sammy drove off to a different check point. Sammy's plan was to put a duplicate into a car and ram right through the police check points. Nash's was just grab an empty car and throw it somewhere. Skate's was just to blast through the check points. Skate's power was creating energy blast.

Nash walked up to me and looked down at me. "See you soon Lexi," he says, kissing me on the cheek.

I feel my cheeks heat up at the compliment. I stuttered out a goodbye and super speed away to another checkpoint.

The checkpoints attacks were made all over the city, so their forces would be spread thin. The other mutants in the city would soon realize to flee and with all the people distracted, they could escape more easily.

I arrive to my check point and I see. police guy and a fed woman stopping a family. The driver opens the door and he talks to the officer. The driver hands the officer the paper while the woman walks around the car. She has device in her hand that detects mutants. The device looked like a glass circle screen at the top, connected to some stick with buttons. The feds have tricked the police to thinking it is a bomb residue detector.

The screen glowed red and that meant a mutant was inside. The woman looked at the officer and showed him the device. The officer said something to the guy. The guy was about to open the door, when I stepped in.

I grabbed a tree branch on the road and ran to the officer in super speed. I hit him hard enough that the branch broke and he feel. I didn't stop there or else the woman would have seen me. I ran back to my hiding place and grabbed the wallet the officer had.

The woman grabbed her gun and walked towards the officer who was groaning. She signaled someone from the other car and another officer came out.

When he did this, he left his keys in the ignition. I ran and grabbed the keys and quickly tripped the officer. The officer groaned as he was on the floor. The woman rolled her eyes and said to hurry.

When she looked away, I ran towards her and rammed her. Her head hit the window and the glass cracked. She then fell and was out cold. I quickly inspected her and grabbed whatever was useful and ran back to my hiding space.

The officer ran with his gun and checked the woman and the other officer. The other officer was also out like a light.

I then ran to the last officer and kicked him in the stomach. He doubled over and groaned. I ran to the family and threw them the wallet. "Go go," I yelled to them. The guy understood and drove off.

"Well, Well well. What do we have here," a person asks behind me.

I turned back at him and said, "Maybe a well."

The guy glares at me. He's wearing a black detective jacket, black pants, and sunglasses. His hair was brown and styled in a quiff. "Haha funny," he says sarcastically.

I shrug. "I try."

"You mutants all think your funny don't ya?"

"What do you want?"

He smirks at me. "To cure you," he says.

I hear something behind me, but before I could turn around something grabbed me and shocked me. I yelled in pain as I fell to the ground. I see that the thing that was shocking me was a net. "What the hell," I say.