12) Dreams

I saw Marvel civil war the other day and it was so cool. Though I think injustice, gods among us the comic is better. But as I watch it I thought of Magcon civil war.

Shawn p.o.v.

Yesterday was just a blur to me after we watched the news. The boys came and tried to comfort me, but I was still in shock. I didn't know how to react. I didn't cry, I didn't yell, I didn't do anything. All I did was sit there as everybody else talked about what to do. I just sat there, not listening to anything they were saying.

When they ended their conversation, Taylor came over and took me back to our room. It took me a while to fall asleep since there were so many things in my mind. So many things that I couldn't understand. Eventually though my body got tired and I let sleep consume me.

"Shawn...Shawn...Shawn," a voice says. I open my eyes and I see myself in a strange room. The room looks metallic and the door is a slide one, but there isn't a handle for it. There is a keypad right next to it, making me think you need a code to get out. There is nothing in the room, other than the cot I'm on and a small cupboard next to me.

Somebody snaps their fingers, making me turn and look at who it is. I almost gasp when I see it is Mahogany. "Surprise," she tells me.

I give her a big hug and she returns the hug. I haven't seen her in months and we haven't been able to get in touch with her. "Where have you been? We've missed you," I say once we let go.

She nods her and looks guiltily at me. "Shawn, there is a lot of things that happened the day of the ambush. Some things are still hidden from me, but I'll try to reach out to you again if I find anything more out." I frown and ask her what she means by things. "Shawn there was an attack on all mutants, specifically Kyra's mutants. When they found the footage of her death, they thought it was the perfect time to attack. Luckily you guys were smart on your feet and were able to escape."

"Wait, what happened to you? Taylor and the others told me you weren't one of her mutants. Do you know what happened to Jacob?"

When I say Jacob, anger fills Mahogany's face for a sec, but she quickly hides it from me. "I was ambushed, but with some help, I was able to escape. Jacob almost got killed, but we saved him too. They were also able to save Chris too." I frown at the name.

"Who's Chris?"

"Chris was pretending to be you in Iceland. They tried to ambush him too at the train but one of our agents were able to save him. He's actually the same one who's helping me talk to you." The curly haired girl hands me a mirror and I look at it. I almost scream when I see it isn't me. It's a boy with brown hair and blue eyes. "His name is Trevor Moran. He has sleeping powers, which is how he saved Chris. He knocked out the other people and then knocked out Chris and took control of his body to evacuate."

I sat there for a sec, processing all what she said. This explains why my parents didn't know about me not being in Iceland, but it still doesn't explain how my parents told me I was going to live with Taylor. Sure one of them could have been shaped shift, but not both. Well this Trevor guy could have controlled the other, but what about for the packing and moving my stuff to Taylor's, shouldn't they have noticed. Aaliyah wasn't home for most of the packing so I could understand her possibly not noticing, but not my parents.

I ask Mahogany about it, but she doesn't know anything about that, so I ask my second question. "Who are they?"

"Well there are two. Have you heard of the H.P.S.?" I nod my head. The H.P.S. or the Human Preservation Service is this secret part of the government that think mutants are dangerous and should be contained. They were the reason why Matt came to our city months ago and I'm guessing they're the people who were hunting down mutants back there too. "Well the H.P.S. are actually the lesser of two evils and we were trying to create an alliance with them, till the video surfaced and they hate us more than ever. The other group I have no idea who they are, but they're evil. They're the ones who attacked Kyra and Kenton."