Piano Man - Chapter 23

Start from the beginning

I knew I couldn’t do much more about it tonight since the adults were already busy chatting and it would be hard to catch them alone, so we all agreed that the plan would go into action tomorrow and everything would be ready for this Friday night when One Direction would perform together again. Everyone left the room knowing their job leaving Noah and I to ourselves again. I moved closer to him and relaxed against him.

“If your parents get back together, do you think you’ll move back to America? or do you think you could stay here in Ireland” he asked softly as he drew circles on my shoulders.

“I don’t know” I answered trying not to think about the answer. I had never imagined that I would grow so attached  to a place over the summer and more specifically a person. I couldn’t imagine my life without Noah in it. He was everything I could imagine and more. I didn’t want to think about the summer coming to an end because I didn’t want to think about Noah and I coming to an end. I know long distance relationship could work out but I would never have the chance to see him if we left.  So maybe I wanted my parents to get back together for more than just their happiness but if we’re all happy in the end that’s all that matters. I let my mind escape into deep thoughts but I was soon pulled back to reality by a knock on the door.

“May I talk to Darcy?” my dad’s deep slow voice asked. I got up quickly and followed him out of the room, down the stairs and out the front door before he said anything else.

“Thank you for finding me, listening to me and giving me another chance” he let out a deep breath.  “But I feel as if I am stepping on some toes now and it may be better if I just leave again.”

“No!” I exclaimed. “Please don’t leave” I continued to beg.

“Darcy, I hurt a lot of people and to expect them to forgive me was crazy after what I have done. I love you, your brother and your mother very much still, but sometimes you have to let things go.”

“I have a plan though” I let the words desperately slip out of my mouth. I couldn’t let my dad just give up and leave. “ I m-mean” I began to stutter.

“What do you mean you have a plan?” he raised his eyebrow, and stopped as we got to the end of the driveway.

“I know mom still has feelings for you, we just need to show her” I explained.

“I’m not so sure she does” he hesitated.

“Look, please...just let me try the plan.” I pleaded. “If it doesn’t work you can go.” I squeezed my eyes shut as I waited for his answer.

“Fine, but what is this plan?” he questioned.

“I’ll explain it all to you as it happens. I just need to to be open minded and try to get Louis to completely forgive you because we are going to need him.” I explained getting excited as I imagined the plan falling into place.

“What about the engagement?” my dad asked, his voice becoming noticeably sad.

“She’ll fall for you again, don’t worry. If not you can alway object at their wedding” I chuckled slightly, and earned a little smile from my dad.

“As much as a romantic gesture that is, I hope the first idea works.” he stated. “ Well I should probably go now”

“Come back inside, I know there is more than enough room for you to stay at Niall’s” I suggested

“I have my own place here, I’ll drop by in the morning again. For now I think I should give your mom some space.” he went to walk away but stopped and turned around. “ I love you Darcy, sweet dreams” he added.

“I love you too dad”