Piano Man - Chapter 23

I knew I had to get my plan into action and work fast, the easiest link in the plan would be Niall who was just dying to sing as a band again and the hardest part would probably be getting both my dad and Louis to agree to work together. I tried to stay calm and not show any emotion while others seemed excited for my mom and Kenneth, I couldn’t pretend. I wanted to start crying and scream at her to give my dad a chance, after all I just worked so hard in order to find him and have him in our lives. I turned to look at Noah who immediately wrapped his arms around me knowing I was upset and needed comforting. I slightly relaxed at his touch but my mind was running a thousand miles a second trying to re-construct a plan.

“Do you want to go back up stairs?” Noah offered and I nodded agreeing. I didn’t want to be around my mom at all at the moment.She knew exactly what she was doing and was trying to get a rise out of us, and I wasn’t going to let her get the satisfaction of seeing that. I did feel bad for my dad though, I could only imagine how awkward he must feel.

“I can’t believe she would do that” I finally let what I was thinking out.

“I know” Noah cued and laid down on the bed. “ I wouldn’t worry about it, I don’t think she is serious”

“If she wasn’t serious then why should she announce it” I asked him, testing his theory.

“Maybe she announced it hoping someone would object?” he shrugged. “So I know you have a plan stirring in there, are you going to share it?” he smiled. I crawled onto the bed and laid down beside him.

“I was thinking..that if I couldn’t get my mom to call off the engagement. I can get my dad to object. I just need to show them that they are the same as they were when they were younger and that they still have feelings for each other, then it’s just up to them. Of course it’s going to be a little harder with Kenneth in the way” I smirked slightly.

“Just when i thought you didn’t have a dark side” Noah chuckled but tensed up slightly when Robby walked in. Noah slowly pulled his arm away from me.

“I’m guessing you have a plan?” Robby stood in the doorway.

“I think so.” I answered. It was true but there were a few glitched I needed to work out in my head still. I knew how I was going to get the boys to talk again, and possibly get my mom and dad to reconnect but the plan wasn’t bulletproof. I still also needed a plan to get Kenneth out of the picture for a bit.

“So can we hear it?” Robby asked.

“We?” Noah questioned and as he did Robby walked in with the rest of the kids that were old enough to understand what was happening behind him.

“We all want our parents to be happy again.” Maddie stated and everyone nodded in agreement.

Knowing that I had everyone’s support and help meant everything to me. We spent the next hour crafting and planning out our ideas, making sure that if anything went wrong we would have a plan B. Noah was going to talk to his dad and see if he could get Liam and Zayn to agree to the plan as well, well partially. We are going to pretend like our big plan is to get One Direction back together for one more night. This way all our dad’s could live their dreams once more, while making my mom realize that she is still in love with Harry. All the girls were going to talk to their mom’s and let them know just a little bit more about the plan and take my mom out for a day to get pampered before the show. That way if my dad had any second guessed he wouldn’t be able to ignore her undeniable beauty and she’d be in a better mood. Robby is going to take care of Kenneth and act as if he is interested in some ‘male bonding time’, Noah is going to put the concert together and I have the hard part. I have to convince Louis to forgive my dad, I have to convince my dad to proclaim his love for my mom, and I had to get Ed on board as well.