Piano Man - Chapter 6

“ It’s okay Darc” Noah finally smiled at me. It was the first thing that was said the whole way home. I hadn’t felt like talking and I don’t think Noah quite knew what to say, for once his big mouth was shut. I was trying to be strong, and holding back my tears, I was afraid if I had said one word I would break down crying. Instead of talking I just replayed scenarios in my head explaining why my Dad would have left me. Maybe he was a secret agent and he had to leave on an emergency mission? Maybe he got lost on the way to the church? There was so many possibilities I came up with to avoid the fact that maybe he just left me and my family. “What are you thinking about?” Noah interrupted my thoughts once again.

“Huh? Nothing” I replied lying, I didn’t want anyone to know how I truly felt if my dad made the choice of leaving me. He wouldn’t though, I just have a feeling that I can’t explain. He is out there and he is dying to meet me.

“Well you are quite for someone who doesn’t think”Noah half chuckled.

“You’re awful loud for someone who doesn’t think” I joked hitting him gently on the shoulder. “I was thinking but...it was stupid” I explained to him.

“No it wasn’t, nothing you do is stupid” Noah smiled. “ I’d be thinking a lot to if I didn’t know where my dad was, hell I don’t know where I would be today without him”

“Not helping”

“ Sorry I just mean, I get where you are coming from. I’d do anything to find my dad too.”

“Thanks, I just...what if he left because of me?” I avoided eye contact with Noah, so I wouldn’t break down.

“He wouldn’t, he wasn’t the type” Noah explained casually.

“How do you know that?”

“My parents...been stressed for years over Harry. My father wants to find him probably just as much as you do. They use to talk about  your family a lot and i remember Niall saying how he couldn’t believe that he just left because he had always wanted a daughter named Darcy, ever since he was sixteen.”

“Maybe he changed his mind when he saw me...”

“He didn’t see you though, he left on the wedding. That was before anybody your mum and him knew about you”

“What’d you do google my history?” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“My parents talk a lot, okay?” he blushed slightly.

“What are you two talking about?”  Our attention was drawn towards the voice, which turned out to be Robby. We had arrived home and barely noticed.

“Nothing” I quickly answered and went to push by him to go into the house and just relax.

“ Not nothing.” Robby stated crossing his arms. “Either you two were flirting or you were talking about dad and I am not a fan of either”

“You caught me I was flirting with Noah to fill his oversized ego” I rolled my eyes and went to walk past Robby”

“You were talking about Dad” Robby said abruptly.

“”When are you going to stop thinking about that low life?”

“When you realize how harsh you are being on him” I argued back getting in Robby’s face.

“Darcy I’m not the bad guy, Dad is. Why can’t you see that?” Robby clenched his jaw as he finished yelling in my face.

“He’s not a bad guy Rob-”  Robby caught me off before I could finish explaining my thoughts.